Macro for Nagas on Vashj

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Macro for Nagas on Vashj

Postby Gray » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:34 am

Long shot in the dark, but worth a shot nonetheless. We've just started on Vashj so things are a bit....difficult. What the raid DON'T need among alot of things, is for me not to get the Nagas quick enough. So I was wondering.

Is it possible to make a Macro that target..taunt? (i hope) the Naga that spawn straighaway? I'm a noob at scripting macros, so if it's possible at all, it would be most kind if someone can show me how.
Gray

Postby Levantine » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:48 am

It would be a very clunky macro due to the way RD works afaik. Probably easier to get raid frames to turn red when they have aggro, and just click cast on those.
Levantine

Re: Macro for Nagas on Vashj

Postby Caelia » Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:53 am

Gray wrote:Long shot in the dark, but worth a shot nonetheless. We've just started on Vashj so things are a bit....difficult. What the raid DON'T need among alot of things, is for me not to get the Nagas quick enough. So I was wondering.

Is it possible to make a Macro that target..taunt? (i hope) the Naga that spawn straighaway? I'm a noob at scripting macros, so if it's possible at all, it would be most kind if someone can show me how.

something like
Code: Select all
/target Coilfang Elite
/cast [target=target,help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget,help] Righteous Defense

generally what i do is as soon as i get the Naja targets i throw my shield at it. We get a holy pally in the middle who just heals with RF on, it brings it to him (usually) and i take it off them.
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Re: Macro for Nagas on Vashj

Postby Thanehand » Wed Mar 12, 2008 6:03 am

Caelia wrote:
Gray wrote:Long shot in the dark, but worth a shot nonetheless. We've just started on Vashj so things are a bit....difficult. What the raid DON'T need among alot of things, is for me not to get the Nagas quick enough. So I was wondering.

something like
/target Coilfang Elite
/cast [target=target,help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget,help] Righteous Defense

generally what i do is as soon as i get the Naja targets i throw my shield at it. We get a holy pally in the middle who just heals with RF on, it brings it to him (usually) and i take it off them.

You can shorten that to

/target Coilfang Elite
/cast [help][target=targettarget,help] Righteous Defense

I wonder if:

/target Coilfang Elite
/castsequence [target=targettarget,help] Righteous Defense, Avenger's Sheild

Would work?

Target the elite. If its target it friendly cast Righteous Defense, then on the 2nd click cast Avenger's Shield. Might want a reset in there too..
ImageImage
Thanehand

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros