Using BoP Proactively Instead of Reactively

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Using BoP Proactively Instead of Reactively

Postby Refute » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:19 pm

Good Day,

Forgive me if this has been posted before, but I just had a thought. Can a paladin use his Blessing of Protection proactively instead of reactively?

An example would be: assume you have a high DPS class such as a warlock who cannot dump his threat often - if you are in a position where you see a player like this rising on threat with no soul shatter (or what have you) currently available, can you put BoP on that target to wipe his/her threat?

Or, will BoP only drop the threat of a target if the mob/boss in question currently has that player as #1 on its threat list? Essentially, can we preempt a threat overtake if we see it coming?

Thanks for the advice!
Refute

Postby Questioner » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:28 pm

BoP doesn't wipe threat. It removes the player from the physical attack list. When it expires, they return to their same position, plus any threat they gained while BoP was up.

A better way to do what you want to achieve is to tell them to stop attacking for 10 seconds. :P
<3 Tankadin at Heart.

Not necessarily accurate: Armory
Questioner

Postby Refute » Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:31 pm

Ah, thanks for the note! I read something here implying it did actually wipe threat, I suppose that was incorrect!

My question is obviously answered, then. Thanks!
Refute

Postby Vesper » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:24 pm

I miss back when DA used to lower/zap threat in EQ. :( I was the wizard group bard bish for that back in Luclin.
Vesper

Postby cordelia » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:30 pm

Questioner wrote:A better way to do what you want to achieve is to tell them to stop attacking for 10 seconds. :P

Or just hit your I.W.I.N threat button.
cordelia

Postby Emoir » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:20 am

If they're a shaman, don't worry, they have a "threat wipe" button (Ankh).
Emoir

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros