I would suggest

BigWigs/Deadly Boss Mods
oRA2 - Durability checks, Item checks, other nice features
Grim Reaper / Eavesdrop / Expiration / Recount -- Death details

If also a healer:
HealOrganizer

If also a paladin:
PallyPower

Also note that there are specific mods for certain boss fights like Magtheridon (assigning cube groups) that a raid leader can invest in for progression.

Also, as a raid leader, I highly suggest you record your combat logs ( /combatlog ) and use WWS as a parser for analysis afterwards.
jere

Postby cordelia » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:06 pm

Dorvan wrote:cord's talking about 10 min buffing instead of 30 minute buffing people. Personally I don't see why anyone would do that to themselves (so much more painful, and the reagents aren't expensive), but you could always spot check a couple of random people in the raid.

Then again, if it's something like trash where only one person from a class has died I often just toss up a 10 min replacement to tide them over until I 30 min buff everyone else.

Yah, during trash pulls, you consistently have person A or dps B die here and there. Then they get rezzed. Then we call for spot buffs. It'd just be nice to not have to click on them to make sure my pallies are actually bothering to spot buff them. Or things like ZA, during the timed run, we ask that all pallies rebuff after each boss kill, and it'd be nice to have that graphically, so I don't have to manually check things.

Our raid dps constantly complains about missing buffs, and I just want to make sure my pallies are on top of things. I mean, how hard is it to right click anything that's not black(transparent) on PallyPower? But I inevitably get complaints from the raid dps that they're missing this buff or that buff. Some kind of monitoring tool would allow me to pre-empt raid complaints by just remininding my pallies via pally channel to right-click their pally power.

jere wrote:If also a healer:
HealOrganizer

Ooooh... what's that do?
cordelia

Postby jere » Wed Mar 12, 2008 4:13 pm

It allows you to set up healing assignments via a gui, so you can drag names around, etc. and then press a button to send it to the chat channel of choice.

I like it cause it helps me remember who is healing who and if someone asks, I can simply respam the info with a press of the button.

EDIT:
Here is a screenshot (another language, but you get the idea)

jere

Postby Aplus » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:43 pm

i want to start compiling my own wws reports for pugs that i run just so i can understand more about people's performance and such. i run sws and i thought it would automatically start logging upon entering an instance, but i guess this isn't true since i have no logs. can someone point me to where i can get a good crash course on this stuff? i have a wws account set up and everything.
Aplus

Postby Therigwin » Fri Mar 21, 2008 9:40 am

Aplus wrote:i want to start compiling my own wws reports for pugs that i run just so i can understand more about people's performance and such. i run sws and i thought it would automatically start logging upon entering an instance, but i guess this isn't true since i have no logs. can someone point me to where i can get a good crash course on this stuff? i have a wws account set up and everything.

Violition

It is your standard dps, hps, threat, etc meter, reads from combat log and syncs with others. AND it has an option to automatically turn on combat logging when entering an instance and turn it off when leaving.
Therigwin
Eternity Matters of Eldre'Thalas
Therigwin

Postby Zyxa » Sat Mar 22, 2008 4:12 am

Siiri wrote:BigBrother is really useful to check who "broke that poly" and flask/pot/food/buff usage.

This is definately a good one for a raid leader to have. Also shows misdirects, so you can spot what you're hunters are up to.

There is also another wowace mod called Demon, which basically shows you a selection of debuffs that are on a mob. If you add in the debuffs you're most interested in watching for [perhaps your warlocks always have Curse of Tongues drop off, or your Boomkin doesn't use improved Faerie Fire as often as he should] - then its very easy to monitor those people without having to mouseover 40 rapidly changing debuffs.
Zyxa

Previous

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros