Remove Advertisements

Question for Raid Leaders

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Question for Raid Leaders

Postby Gratus » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:33 am

What are the current add-ons that you guys are using to lead your raids and why?

What do you recommend for an up and coming raid leader? (Screen shots of your UI are apprciated)

Thanks!
Gratus

Postby Dorvan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:53 am

Really about the only mod I use for raid leading is Deadly Boss Mads, which all your raid members just have installed anyway (or another raid time mod like BigWigs). I still have CTRaid installed, but there's only a couple of features I actually use, like the "send raid invites to all level 70s in the guild" command. If you use DKP, a good DKP tool is important to making your life easy, but that's not exactly an addon. The biggest challenges of raid leading definitely won't come from your UI. People management is key.

edit -- taking a long view of things....running WWS is also important imo, it's a great tool both for diagnosing what's going wrong with a strat you're using and evaluating the performance of your raid and individual raid members.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:49 pm

I keep Recount installed purely for the death logs; it makes "Why did you die?" more of a test to see if they were paying attention than an actual question :P

BigWigs/DeadlyBossMods are both good. I use oRA2 as well, it's like CT_Raid but without all the bloated extra tools.

NRT is an excellent raid attendance and loot tracker.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Invisusira » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:51 pm

Omen.
Invisusira

Postby Catriona » Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:54 pm

My guild asks *coughtellscough* us to have Omen, Big Wigs, Ora2 and PallyPower (for paladins obviously). Decursive for healers.
They want me to get Grid too but I like Xperl. :P

WWS = our resto shammy taunting the rest of the healers until we mute him. -_-;
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Dorvan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:12 pm

Well, I was trying to think of mods that are specifically for raid leading. Omen/PallyPower/etc. should of course be used, but that's more about your capacity as an individual raid member than as a leader.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby strydaris » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:19 pm

The best raid addon is "Your voice" and to use the plugin called "Yell" in a raid imo!!
strydaris

Postby Gratus » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:10 pm

Excellent adivice so far thank you all who have replied thus far.

Currently I have all of my people using DBM/Bigwigs... I found DBM to be nice because of the version sync option that lets me know if somebody thought they were too cool to DL DBM lol.

Sorry to be a rookie but WWS = Wow Web Stats?
Gratus

Postby Dorvan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:11 pm

Gratus wrote:Sorry to be a rookie but WWS = Wow Web Stats?

Yep.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby cordelia » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:18 pm

From a thread @ elitist jerks, I downloaded a bunch of things.

oRa2 is nice to monitor and set MT's and such. XRS is nice for monitoring buffs, but it doesn't do pally blessings, which annoys me. That's all I use it for, though I assume it does other things as well. I use Pittbull, but I'm trying to switch to Grid for Raid level monitoring, and keep pittbull for more essential things, like what healers are healing what, and what the main targets are. I just found out that grid has tons of nifty additional add-ons you can configure, like show mana bar, and such, which will allow me to get rid of pittbull to monitor raid level stuff. DBM, Recount and Omen, of course. Those 3 are essential, and no raid leader can really live without them. Some guilds use a DKP add-on for bids and loot and such. We just have the DKP lists on our website, and update stuff post-raid. I second pallypower, but I really wish it allowed me to monitor whether my paladins were ghetto buffing ppl.

Honestly, I can't stress enough how much help Pittbull/ora2 type monitoring helps. It is incredibly informative to be able to monitor what specific raid members/tanks/assists are targetting, and mob health/status.
cordelia

Postby Caelia » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:45 pm

cordelia wrote:I second pallypower, but I really wish it allowed me to monitor whether my paladins were ghetto buffing ppl.

It does, if another pally has it, you can see what buffs they got, you can even change those buffs. Its why its wonderfull if all pallies have it, however im the only one :(
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Dorvan » Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:51 pm

Caelia wrote:
cordelia wrote:I second pallypower, but I really wish it allowed me to monitor whether my paladins were ghetto buffing ppl.

It does, if another pally has it, you can see what buffs they got, you can even change those buffs. Its why its wonderfull if all pallies have it, however im the only one :(

cord's talking about 10 min buffing instead of 30 minute buffing people. Personally I don't see why anyone would do that to themselves (so much more painful, and the reagents aren't expensive), but you could always spot check a couple of random people in the raid.

Then again, if it's something like trash where only one person from a class has died I often just toss up a 10 min replacement to tide them over until I 30 min buff everyone else.

Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Lore » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:29 pm

I frequently put 10 minute salvs on DPS warriors

also on prot warriors, just to make sure they're paying attention
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Stoops417 » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:47 pm

Lore wrote:I frequently put 10 minute salvs on DPS warriors

also on prot warriors, just to make sure they're paying attention

'

This
Give a man an answer, and he'll ask another question tomorrow. Tell him to read the goddamn stickies and he might start thinking for himself.
Stoops417

Postby Siiri » Tue Mar 11, 2008 12:25 am

BigBrother is really useful to check who "broke that poly" and flask/pot/food/buff usage.

Sidenote:
Other than that my best help is beeing able to inform people through ventrilo about various things (be clear and firm, do NOT scream!).
Siiri

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros