Tanking taunt/BoP macros

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Tanking taunt/BoP macros

Postby Holyfuri » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:24 pm

I have an idea, but how exactly would you put a macro that would cast your RD macro (the one that target's your target for RD) but if RD is on CD it will cast BoP instead.

Second, is the macro to cast and immediately cancel your divine shield the only macro you need to tank nightbane? or do you need a separate BoP and cancel macro as well?
Holyfuri

Postby Aineias » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:10 pm

for your first question, this is what I use...

#showtooltip
/castsequence [target=mouseover,help] reset=15 Righteous Defense, Blessing of Protection; [target=target,help] reset=15 Righteous Defense, Blessing of Protection; [target=targettarget,help] reset=15 Righteous Defense, Blessing of Protection

For your second question, be best to check with someone else... when ever I've tanked him, having a fear ward was all that I needed. Our dps was high enough that he would only fear once each time he was on the ground.
Aineias

Re: Tanking taunt/BoP macros

Postby Jonlo » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:26 pm

Holyfuri wrote:I have an idea, but how exactly would you put a macro that would cast your RD macro (the one that target's your target for RD) but if RD is on CD it will cast BoP instead.

Second, is the macro to cast and immediately cancel your divine shield the only macro you need to tank nightbane? or do you need a separate BoP and cancel macro as well?

Just put the RD macro on the first line then the BoP macro on the second. That will make it try and use RD and if it's on CD, then it would use BoP instead.

You can use both the BoP cancel macro and the Divine Shield Macro in Nightbane. You don't need both, but both work.

Personally on the BoP macro I have a cancel set up on it incase I BoP myself.
Jonlo
Maintankadonor

Postby Gerilith » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:47 pm

Aineias wrote:for your first question, this is what I use...

#showtooltip
/castsequence [target=mouseover,help] reset=15 Righteous Defense, Blessing of Protection; [target=target,help] reset=15 Righteous Defense, Blessing of Protection; [target=targettarget,help] reset=15 Righteous Defense, Blessing of Protection

#showtooltip
/castsequence [target=mouseover,help][target=target,help][target=targettarget,help] reset=15 Righteous Defense, Blessing of Protection

does the same and is much easier (and shorter).
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Lylith » Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:18 am

I'll raise this thread so I do not need to start a new one. I also used the search function but could not find what I am looking for. Maybe someone has an idea.

I use a divine shield->unshield macro to get rid of debuffs.
I use the taunt macro.

Is there a way to combine both to one spammable macro so you can bubble, taunt, wait 1,5 sec and drop the bubble when taunt runs out? If I just spam them both, I'd remove the shield while there are still 1,5 sec of taunt left.

EDIT: Hm, maybe

#showtooltip Divine Shield
/castsequence reset = 4.5 cancelaura Divine Shield, Divine Shield, [target=target,help] Righteous Defense; [target=targettarget,help] Righteous Defense

? I cannot check due to being at work, but I am still wondering..
Lylith

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros