Remove Advertisements

Managing gear sets, equipping and storing

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Managing gear sets, equipping and storing

Postby Pizbit » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:11 am

Currently using closetgnome to equip gear sets and store them but I've seen someone with a bag mod that also sorted their gear sets out that way. So basically when they opened their bags they had a virtual bag for each set etc.

What do you use to manage gear sets and store them?

Closet gnome works but is a bit unweildly for putting gear sets in the bank and out again, equipping them, when it puts them in the bank the items go everywhere etc!
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Puss » Tue Feb 05, 2008 8:49 am

I use Itemrack. It's far from perfect but I guess I got so used to it that I dno't mind the small glitches. ( one of the major glitches is that when you have your bank open , it will actually put your current gear in the bank instead of in your bags when you swap gear.

-Puss
Puss

Postby jjpally » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:08 am

I second Item Rack but as puss said its really annoying when you swap gear in your bank and current gear goes into the bank. You would think there would be some easy way to make it have an option to only pull from the bank and not place contents back in.
jjpally

Postby Serrot » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:22 am

I use Outfitter. I love it, but it does nothing for keeping outfit items together in your bags, so your bags will still look messy.
Serrot

Postby Jensaarai » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:28 am

I just use ItemRack, and have given in to the fact that carrying around 40+ pieces of gear is just going to be messy no matter how you cut it :/
Jensaarai - 85 Prot Paladin (Lost Isles - US)
Endüre - 85 Prot Warrior (Lost Isles - US)
Jensaarai

Postby Warrender » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:32 am

Itemrack + Baggins = super happy bag time
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Pizbit » Tue Feb 05, 2008 9:33 am

Warrender wrote:Itemrack + Baggins = super happy bag time

*steals yer crack pipe and backs away slowly*
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Neganur » Sun Feb 10, 2008 8:36 pm

Warrender wrote:Itemrack + Baggins = super happy bag time

this

(takes some timeto set up tho but you never want it any other way after that)

Neganur

Postby guillex » Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:41 pm

Ok ok ok

HOW DID YOU SET IT UP LIKE THAT? PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASSSSE!!!!!
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Baggins + ClosetGnome

Postby tackle » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:46 am

You can create custom filters for everything in baggins if you use closetGnome add the Baggins_ClosetGnome and you can create sets like this. My baggins is setup to show filters like this as well. I also use Outfitter because it's often easier to see all gear when you are building sets. Outfitter shows if you have the gear for each set in inventory or bank so you can quickly check if you swapped all the correct pieces in/out of bank. It's more work to maintain sets in both addon's but the baggins filtering rocks. Baggins has a plugin for Outfitter but it doesn't allow you to filter by set just that a given piece is in any Outfitter set.
tackle

Postby Dorvan » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:30 am

I use Outfitter and love it. I used to use itemRack, but it's not being maintained anymore and I got tired of occasionally having to tweak it to keep it working.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Caelia » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:29 pm

im workin on customizing baggins + itemrack, how do i use itemrack to move stuff into my bank and back into my bags?
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Warrender » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:19 pm

Caelia wrote:im workin on customizing baggins + itemrack, how do i use itemrack to move stuff into my bank and back into my bags?

Just click on the set from the minimap icon like you usually do but just with the bank open.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby cordelia » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:14 pm

Warrender wrote:
Caelia wrote:im workin on customizing baggins + itemrack, how do i use itemrack to move stuff into my bank and back into my bags?

Just click on the set from the minimap icon like you usually do but just with the bank open.

I tried this, couldn't get it to work. the minimap icons just try and equip the set, like normal. There's no way I could use it to shift a set into the bank, or get a set out of the bank.
cordelia

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:18 pm

cordelia wrote:
Warrender wrote:

I tried this, couldn't get it to work. the minimap icons just try and equip the set, like normal. There's no way I could use it to shift a set into the bank, or get a set out of the bank.

Wierd, if I have the bank window open it won't equip stuff it swaps it to and from the bank. To my knowledge Itemrack hasn't been being maintained for awhile and does have a plethora of bugs, and also because some folks have tried to contribute a plethora of different versions. I just downloaded Outfitter this weekend and have been getting it setup. I'm hopeful that it can fill that gap until WotLK.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros