Remove Advertisements

LF new UI

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

LF new UI

Postby Elennira » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:33 pm

used to use the standard blizz interface...switched to CTRaid back pre-tbc...then i swapped to ArcHUD and loved it...but it kind of got messy having CTRaid and ArcHUD running at the same time, so i switched to x-perl and quite like it...but at the same time, i still find it hard to have all the buttons located where i want them...my mouse goes all over the place and my screen is still quite cluttered with the party and raid interface, damage meter, ktm and pallypower...so i was wondering if theres a UI out there made just for pallies to make it even easier on ourselves

so basically...LFanew UI
Elennira

Postby Invisusira » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:35 pm

there is, it's called "default UI"!

I love it! =D
Invisusira

Postby Elennira » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:37 pm

default ui sucks more than a vacuum from a half-price january sale vacuum that was overpowered by the manufacturers and designed to suck small cats out of trees for the fire department
Elennira

Postby Invisusira » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:48 pm

nope!
Invisusira

Postby Elennira » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:54 pm

well i would come up with another long winded way to say 'yuh-huh' but im tired and its a toss-up between posting a 'do not want' dog and a bunny with pancake...so instead, DISTRACTION!

Elennira

Postby guillex » Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:56 pm

Get things like Bartender3 or Bongos for your action bars ... Aperture to change your viewport ... Squeenix to change your map ... Ag_unitframes or PitBull for your unit frames...

Actually, you should just go through the Wow Ace Updater and pick and choose what you need. One at a time and fix your ui slowly.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Beoden » Tue Dec 25, 2007 3:17 pm

Not sure what resolution you run at but here are two of my faves.
1) Hal UI - http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=7975
2) Tankotron UI - http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/fileinfo.php?id=7926

Check em both out!

Heres a addon that while doesn't add function it does add alot of style to fit your character or mood.
Sunn Viewport Art - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/details/5784/
Basically you download all your normal bar, unit frame, etc. the usual things in a UI package... and set it up to your liking.
Beoden

Re: LF new UI

Postby lusisia » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:08 pm

Elennira wrote:used to use the standard blizz interface...switched to CTRaid back pre-tbc...then i swapped to ArcHUD and loved it...but it kind of got messy having CTRaid and ArcHUD running at the same time, so i switched to x-perl and quite like it...but at the same time, i still find it hard to have all the buttons located where i want them...my mouse goes all over the place and my screen is still quite cluttered with the party and raid interface, damage meter, ktm and pallypower...so i was wondering if theres a UI out there made just for pallies to make it even easier on ourselves

so basically...LFanew UI

I would suggest just making your own. I tried several and basically took the time to build my own.

http://dev.lusis.org/tmp/UI/

There's several shots in there I did for a buddy at the office. He was an old school Cosmos user and was looking to change somethings around. FYI those were done at 1280x1024. My laptop looks a bit diff since I have 1930x1200 on that screen.

I actually installed WoW on the wife's PC at home since my computer was offline while the plumber did some work and I'm seriously considering getting a wide screen on my desktop now. I'm currently running dual 1280x1024 but you can't full screen that in WoW and have it look even remotely decent (my toon is RIGHT in the center where the two bezels of the monitors meet).
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby Warrender » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:27 pm

lusisia wrote:There's several shots in there I did for a buddy at the office. He was an old school Cosmos user and was looking to change somethings around.

Whoa, there's a blast from the past. I remember running Cosmos UI way back in the Closed Beta days when good UI mods were few and far between.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Annabelle » Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:32 pm

Elennira wrote:well i would come up with another long winded way to say 'yuh-huh' but im tired and its a toss-up between posting a 'do not want' dog and a bunny with pancake...so instead, DISTRACTION!

Mission accomplished, I have completly forgotten what this thread was about :roll:
Keep your friends close and your curly fries even closer.
Annabelle

Postby Kaelie » Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:12 pm

lusisia wrote:my toon is RIGHT in the center where the two bezels of the monitors meet.

Get a viewport mod and push it sideways a bit, either direction. You'll have a black bar on one side, but you can always stash mods over there out of the way if you don't need them on the main playfield.
Kaelie

Postby _Chloe » Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:53 am

Elennira wrote:well i would come up with another long winded way to say 'yuh-huh' but im tired and its a toss-up between posting a 'do not want' dog and a bunny with pancake...so instead, DISTRACTION!

I counter your epic boobs with a:
_Chloe

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros