Back to KLHthreat meter

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Back to KLHthreat meter

Postby Nicki » Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:58 am

Funny that I write this title but i think its needed.

OMEN: Everyone praised it when it came out except me, everyone didn't care that it was beta except me on my shadow priest and everyone loved it except me. Eventually I succumbed and got the addon. After 2.3 or just before 2.3 this addon has not been working properly and has been irregularly measuring threat and threat switches. Void reaver was much more accurate on omen than it was on KTM however omen messed up last patch and now all I see is myself the main tank on the target 10 spots down.

I can't be asked to show you a screen shot so i will type out the top 3 threat positions on vashj, the TPS and the threat.

KTM:
Nickki 35.6k threat 100% 1027 TPS
Ruihan 25.4k threat 72% 674 TPS
Egeanin 25.2k threat 71% 854 TPS

OMEN:
Ruihan 50.1k threat 106% 1235 TPS
Egeanin 49.9k threat 106% 1508 TPS
Nickki 46.9k threat 100% 1118 TPS (4th)

Damage done:
Egeanin did 43473
Sonnelion who was 4th on ktm 3rd on omen did 36738 damage (Threat reported for omen was 48.8k and ktm was 24.5k)

Doesn't take a genius to figure out which numbers are wrong.

Now I think the answer is purely omen can't deal with bosses who change target, They have to give them aggro.. but i dunno seems im back to watching ktm its much better for tank and spank.
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki

Postby Gerilith » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:08 am

Get your freaking raid to keep Omen (Threat1.0) updated and it will work just fine. :roll:
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Lyoness » Wed Dec 19, 2007 5:53 am

Based on experience OMEN and KTM shouldn't be used together. Pick either one or the other. Although OMEN's capable of dealing with the thread data provided by KTM,
it messes up the correct values shown. If you ensure that everyone's using OMEN and keeps it up to date - as Gerilith already mentioned - it's definitely first class.
Multi-mob agro monitoring > Single-mob agro monitoring
Last edited by Lyoness on Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lyoness

Postby Thyrion » Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:04 am

You screw Omen by using KTM at the same time.

So it's more your fault than Omen's in the first place ...
Thyrion

Postby Lore » Wed Dec 19, 2007 7:41 am

Yeah I call shenanigans. Not only does Omen get confused if you're running KTM (it basically gets twice the threat data), but since you didn't even state what boss it was or what classes the people are, OR provide a screenshot or some other report to back up your numbers even though you apparently have very specific data, I'm going to stick to my experiences.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Emoir » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:18 am

Gerilith wrote:Get your freaking raid to keep Omen (Threat1.0) updated and it will work just fine. :roll:
Emoir

Postby Emoir » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:19 am

Lyoness wrote:Based on experience OMEN and KTM shouldn't be used together. Pick either one or the other. Although OMEN's capable of dealing with the thread data provided by KTM,
it messes up the correct values shown. If you ensure that everyone's using OMEN and keeps it up to date - as Gerilith already mentioned - it's definitely first class.
Multi-mob agro monitoring > Single-mob agro monitoring

And turn off "Show KTM Data"
Emoir

Postby Nicki » Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:56 am

Right the boss was Vashj

And while learning this fight ive had issues with DPS on omen being above me.

So if you REALLY want i can show you a screen shot of omen showing me last on threat when im infact first. Without KTM running.

I put on KTM the second day to see if it was better, which i must had it was Call shinanagins all you like omen is fucking up somewhere big time. Making a 10k gap seem like dps is riding the threat barrier.

As far as I know there are NO issues with running both addons at the same time..

Now maybe its just vashj but it does explain the miscellaneous threat changes Joanadark and Fame saw and me and katamai saw. Omens threat data was purely wrong.
To face death and glory with an equal smile
Nicki

Postby Emoir » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:00 am

If you think Omen is wrong, you'll have to perform a test case to prove it. This would involve the entire raid having the most up to date version (it's not hard to update it every day by WAU http://www.wowace.com/wiki/WowAceUpdater). Also, everyone will need to disable KTM if they're running it or you need to turn off "Show KTM Data".

I had issues with Omen a couple times and these were fixed by simply updating it.
Emoir

Postby Lonso » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:21 am

I see quirks now and then such as tanks disappearing from the top x number of people I have displayed and still holding or gaining aggro but I saw as many quirks with KTM. Over all, Omen has been much more accurate.

What this sounds like to me is: "I don't like Omen. I never liked Omen. I saw some weird output from it once so now I'm going to throw a fit and go off on a pro-KTM, anti-Omen rant. By the way, yes I was paid by KTM's author(s) who is in complete denial of KTM having any problems whatsoever, which is what led to the creation of Omen in the first place."

Even if you had tested in a controlled environment (i.e. 25 raid members running the same version of Omen/Threat1.0, none of them running KTM and repeating the same fight several times, receiving the same result), based on my results I'd still stick with Omen. I hope you enjoy KTM though.
Lonso

Postby Invisusira » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:25 am

Thyrion wrote:You screw Omen by using KTM at the same time.
Invisusira

Postby jere » Wed Dec 19, 2007 9:48 am

Nicki,

I have not had problems with Omen so far unless someone in my raid had a really old version. Once the person updated, all was good. If the problems you highlight did exist, I should have seen them as well, but honestly, Omen works fine so far for me and my guild. Is it possible the issue might be on your end (or your raids)?
jere

Postby DJSticky » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:38 am

Emoir wrote:
Gerilith wrote:Get your freaking raid to keep Omen (Threat1.0) updated and it will work just fine. :roll:
DJSticky

Postby Emoir » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:45 am

Note: Omen has a version check feature. Update your copy, run it in the raid and look to see who your culprits are. And for gods sake, don't run KTM and Omen together. You can use ThreatFu to check to see who's running what.
Emoir

Postby jere » Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:46 am

Emoir wrote:Note: Omen has a version check feature. Update your copy, run it in the raid and look to see who your culprits are. And for gods sake, don't run KTM and Omen together. You can use ThreatFu to check to see who's running what.

And once you are finished using ThreatFu to find the boogers, you can use Kung Fu to get them back in line.

*insert kung fu smiley*
jere

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros