Mod Request: PallyPower+

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Mod Request: PallyPower+

Postby Saffire » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:31 pm

Ive been using pallypower for awhile.

I really like that it gives me a timer for each classes buffs and that it will auto select and cast on that class when click it.

What I would really like to see though is something a little more compact and robust.

The current pallypower takes up to much screen realestate.

What id' like to see though is some of the same functionality where a assist could setup buffs for the raid for all paladins using the mod.

Id alos like to see some overrides put into place. So that once you assing a buff to a given class warriors for example as salvation. You can then select individual warriors that instead of salvation to give the 10m light for example to.

Im thinking a small single minimap icon thats either green or red. When its red its because someone in your raid is missing their buff you have assigned them. If its green it means everyone has what they should have. Yellow would mean that someone in the raid has a buff thas aout to expire.

Clicking the icon while a red or yellow status is shown would rebuff those with short durations or no buffs. Youd have to click it multiple times....

A mouseover of the icon would give you a tooltip that shows the names of players missing buffs or short time left on them and you could hover down and click on that person to rebuff that person specifically. (Useful for when ur in the middle of a fight and a 10m salv is going to wear off).

Im no programmer but maybe this will spark some ideas in someone. Or maybe theres something like this already out there.
Saffire LvL 70 Hellscream - Guild of Ascension
Saffire

Postby Igrado » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:02 pm

I'm pretty sure it currently does everything you just said... except the minimap icon. You don't have to run with the whole setup frame running, just the part that shows class and the duration of their buff left. Everything else you requested is already built in.
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby Saffire » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:46 pm

Igrado wrote:I'm pretty sure it currently does everything you just said... except the minimap icon. You don't have to run with the whole setup frame running, just the part that shows class and the duration of their buff left. Everything else you requested is already built in.

You can assign an individual in a class a 10m buff that is different than the greater blessing for their class so that it will let you know they need it when it wears off and buff them with the appropriate 10m buff?
Saffire LvL 70 Hellscream - Guild of Ascension
Saffire

Postby Arkellian » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:01 pm

Saffire wrote:You can assign an individual in a class a 10m buff that is different than the greater blessing for their class so that it will let you know they need it when it wears off and buff them with the appropriate 10m buff?
Yes.

Disable Smart Bufffs and Greater Buffs.

Left-click = greater, right-click = regular

From the config page click and drag a name and drop it on another class icon (example: treat a DPS warrior like a rogue). When these custom buffs expire, the button turns blue; just right-click repeatedly until all custom buffs are refreshed.
Arkellian

Postby SmurfZG » Fri Dec 14, 2007 4:14 pm

Arkellian wrote:
Saffire wrote:You can assign an individual in a class a 10m buff that is different than the greater blessing for their class so that it will let you know they need it when it wears off and buff them with the appropriate 10m buff?
Yes.

Disable Smart Bufffs and Greater Buffs.

Left-click = greater, right-click = regular

From the config page click and drag a name and drop it on another class icon (example: treat a DPS warrior like a rogue). When these custom buffs expire, the button turns blue; just right-click repeatedly until all custom buffs are refreshed.

or you can right click a name in the config and choose a blessing for them
SmurfZG

Postby Afraithe » Sat Dec 15, 2007 12:49 pm

O shit, I didn't know u could drag drop names like that, thanks!
Afraithe

Postby guillex » Sat Dec 15, 2007 9:29 pm

You can also make the addon smaller. There's an option for it somewhere in the options.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Arkellian » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:58 pm

Guillex wrote:You can also make the addon smaller. There's an option for it somewhere in the options.

I have mine setup as 2 rows of 5 columns, since there are 9 classes plus pets.

I have the names lists opening upwards as I put the bar at the bottom of my screen.

I set the button scale to 60% (about the same size as my scaled down Bartender action bar buttons) and the config window scale to 70%. YMMV

It is also handy to hide the anchor button once you have the buttons positioned where you want to keep them.
Arkellian

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros