Odd RD/BoP Macro Behavior

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Odd RD/BoP Macro Behavior

Postby Dazhbog » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:06 am

My RD/BoP macro:

Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/castsequence [target=targettarget, help] reset=15 Righteous Defense, Blessing of Protection(Rank 1)

What's happening is that occasionally, the macro shows RD on cooldown(i.e. button shows RD icon with cooldown "clock"), and will not let me trigger BoP. One thing I noticed while playing with alternative macros is that if BoP can't be cast (for whatever reason) it still resets the castsequence timer, even if RD is cooling down.

Still, can't figure out why I can't access BoP sometimes.

Edit: Also, I was playing with the RD/BoP macro from the sticky thread:

#showtooltip
/castsequence [target=mouseover,help] reset=15 Righteous Defense, Blessing of Protection;
[target=target,help] reset=15 Righteous Defense, Blessing of Protection;
[target=targettarget,help] reset=15 Righteous Defense, Blessing of Protection

But for whatever reason it kept breaking and outputting the second two lines (after the target and targettarget conditionals) to /say. Any advice on how to get this working? Being able to hit a party portrait and taunt would be nifty.
Dazhbog

Postby Gerilith » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:29 am

I modified the second one (because it was too long) and got the following which works just fine:

#showtooltip Righteous Defense
/castsequence [target=mouseover,help][target=targettarget,help][help] reset=15 Righteous Defense, Blessing of Protection

You do not have to add the rank (and there are possibly problems with missing/too many space characters) -> the max rank will be used.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Dazhbog » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:27 am

Awesome, I'll try that out later today. Boo senior year project presentations.

Edit: I suppose I could test for myself, but what's the behavior if you are:

a) targetting a mob, but mousing over an ally
b) targetting an ally, mousing over a different ally
c) targetting an ally, mousing over a mob, although I'm fairly sure this doesn't work (i.e. will cast on the ally, not the mob's target).
Dazhbog

Postby Gerilith » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:39 am

You can modify the way you want. atm it follows the macro from left to right so:
Mouseover existing = mouseover
Mouseover existing = mouseover
c) targetting an ally, mousing over a mob, although I'm fairly sure this doesn't work (i.e. will cast on the ally, not the mob's target).
Correct. (mouseover exist, but "help" means it has to be friendly. If the target of your target is an ally, too, you will "taunt" on him. And if your target has no target or it is hostile, the last condition "help" will be true since your target is friendly.

If you want to change the behavior, you could change the order of the conditions, 'cause in the moment one condition is true, the macro will begin the cast. As long as the condition is false, it continues to check other conditions if there are some until one is true or abort if there are no further conditions.
Last edited by Gerilith on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby SmurfZG » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:42 am

Dazhbog wrote:Awesome, I'll try that out later today. Boo senior year project presentations.

Edit: I suppose I could test for myself, but what's the behavior if you are:

it would try to cast it on the first condition that works.

example;

/cast [target=mouseover][target=target] spell

Would try to cast spell on mouseover first, and target if there is no mouseover.

/cast [target=target, exists][target=mouseover] spell

Would try to cast it on target first, or mouseover if there is no target.

footnote:
You need to put exists if you have target=target first, because otherwise it will just say "you have no target" instead of falling through to mouseover.
SmurfZG

Postby Dazhbog » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:54 pm

Seems functional, although it turns out party portraits don't count as "mouseover" =( Much sadness.

I'll try it in an instance and see if anything happens to break it.
Dazhbog

Postby SmurfZG » Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:58 pm

Dazhbog wrote:Seems functional, although it turns out party portraits don't count as "mouseover" =( Much sadness.

They do. At least they do so for me, so they should for you too :)
SmurfZG

Postby Dazhbog » Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:57 pm

SmurfZG wrote:
Dazhbog wrote:Seems functional, although it turns out party portraits don't count as "mouseover" =( Much sadness.

They do. At least they do so for me, so they should for you too :)

Tried it with the above macro twice, and it wasn't counting the frames as mouse over. I could test it a little more, but honestly I'm not a huge mouseover fan, since my pointer tends to wander around the screen and I accidentally BoP'd the wrong person within minutes of starting an instance.

Ah well.

I'm still getting some odd behavior from the macro, especially on the ogre boss in Shadow Labs; there were a number of times when a) the target was out of range, and the range indicator on the button didn't go red, and b) the macro told me RD was on cooldown, when it clearly wasn't, and I could not hit the taunt button. This caused... problems.

Edit: Thought, I may have to flip the conditionals, I'll try that later tonight once this damn exam is done. It's kinda hard to test though, since the problems occur infrequently.

Edit 2: Problem may have been solved after hearing my warlock curse the new glitch that happens when you hit a spell too close to the end of its cooldown; you end up with an extra GCD that rolls if you hit the button over and over. This may have been it; I added a /stopcasting line to the macro, hopefully that'll solve things.
Dazhbog

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros