Yes
67%
No
20%
Undecided
13%

Total votes : 457

Postby jere » Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:08 am

I think Chloe's FAQ is stickied, and it links to this thread, so it is probably safe.
jere

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:13 am

I'm gonna bug Chloe here about Crushtable.

Hey! It shows up over dialogue windows like Stapler used to (I posted a pic in this thread). That's kinda annoying.

But more importantly, it needs an "Avoidance" row like Tankadin (that just sums up Miss/Dodge/Parry), and the spamming your stats to a channel function. I'm playing my warrior a lot, and while I might be able to just use Tankadin, it seems kinda silly.

Anyway, great addons! I appreciate your time.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby _Chloe » Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:44 am

Updates: Over the past week I've updated Stapler with a few fixes and also some features. Stapler can now be shown just in-combat. Also changed the frame strata to Medium (don't know how it got changed to High in the first place), and fixed few nil errors from occurring in the frame, although a few still seem to get through. I'll be fixing this in the future. Download

@moduspwnens - CrushTable was the basis for Tankadin and never really planned on changing anything for it. It was my first addon and don't really plan on going back and changing/updating it. I don't have the time nor the will to do it.

@jere & Robin - Thanks for the bumps but the thread is linked in the stickied FAQ.

As always you can get a hold of me at chloe@tankadinaddon.com
_Chloe

Postby jere » Tue Jul 01, 2008 5:15 am

Are you officially done then, or will you be working on other plug-ins? I had an idea of one, but wasn't sure if you would have the time, as it sounds like you are busy.
jere

Postby _Chloe » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:38 am

I've been thinking of reworking tankadin to fit all tanking classes. Have a core of just the info table, and everything else goes from there. I feel tankadin is a pretty complete addon that I can supplement with a few code fixes here and there and through the use of plug-ins. Not to mention I'm prepping for the WotLK Beta and working with that API. RL just has me busy for the past month or so and continues to do so. I feel bad neglecting this place as it is a place of support for everything from coding to in-game. I decided to come back and see if I get the desire to do this again. There was a need for something like this and now I don't really know what to do.
_Chloe

Postby jere » Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:59 am

Well here is an idea for a plug in if you do ever get bored:

Having a plug in that would keep track if certain debuffs and buffs were up that had some kind of intuitive, small indicator would be nice.

As a paladin tank, we rely on warriors to put up TC and DS, as well as Commanding Shout. It would be nice to have some sort of configurable display that we could set to bark at us (changeable at will) if say TC is down for any extended period of time. It would need to be on/off enabled for each debuff/buff to account for raid composition/fight mechanics.

Maybe a series of red/green lights with an optional screen flash type thing:

() Thunderclap
() Demoshout/Demoroar
() Commanding Shout
() Bloodpact
() Nature Aura from hunters

Basically anything short duration or range based that we care about. You could even make it so new ones could be added.

It's not really a polished idea, but was thinking how it can be useful. It would need some way to enable/disable each from flashing (maybe by clicking on the individual indicators), and maybe a global disable (possibly keybinding) for those times you know none of them matter and don't want the screen flashing at you. Have the default setting on log in be "off"

Just some thoughts. Maybe too much for a plug in in retrospect but was tossing out ideas.
jere

Postby Morguroth » Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:42 am

Sorry if this has been requested before, but i have neither the time or will to go through 36 pages to check. I'd really like to see current armor added to Tankadin.
Morguroth

Postby Noradin » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:37 pm

Morguroth wrote:I'd really like to see current armor added to Tankadin.

Some buttons to adjust the attack table to dualwield mobs and sunwell radiance would be nice.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby moduspwnens » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:51 pm

Noradin wrote:

Some buttons to adjust the attack table to dualwield mobs and sunwell radiance would be nice.

Sunwell Radiance has its own plug-in available.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Noradin » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:33 pm

moduspwnens wrote:
Noradin wrote:

Sunwell Radiance has its own plug-in available.

I know, but last time I checked the button was somewhat hidden.
ImageImage
Noradin

Postby _Chloe » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:37 am

Work has been started on Tankadin v2.0. It's being written from the ground up. Starting from scratch seemed to be good considering all the code revisions I've done to the current version. With WotLK Beta in the near future, I'm redesigning Tanknadin to work for all ranks of abilities, new and old as well as make it expandable to new things. Also I'm looking at making it able to run on other tanking classes and have other functions just disable themselves, ie RF warning. Plug-ins will be easier to develop and write since Tankadin will have its own library of frames to call upon. Look forward to some new things and also a lot of old ones in this rewrite. I'm hoping to get enough of this done so that when the Beta is released, Tankadin should be good to go for it. Thanks as always for the support and I'll be making a new thread for the 2.0 version as soon as it's released.

~Chloe
_Chloe

Previous

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros