Yes
67%
No
20%
Undecided
13%

Total votes : 457

Postby Korendil » Sun Jun 01, 2008 10:10 am

Tandors wrote:Stapler is showing my TPS to be extremely low, like around 200 while omen says 800. But anyway it looks great. This is gonna help alot when seeing how well I can do.

I believe Stapler is your TPS over the whole fight while Omen is just the last X seconds. The values that Stapler gives me is similar to the values TankadinTps gives me. (Off by 10 or so.)
Tichondrius (US)

Korendil

Postby Dragonzbane » Mon Jun 02, 2008 6:20 pm

jere wrote:
Dragonzbane wrote:Is there a link to the Sunwell plug in?
Or is it included in the latest version?

All the plug-ins are listed on the home page:
http://www.tankadinaddon.com/drupal/

Specifically:
http://www.tankadinaddon.com/drupal/node/4

Okay, I pulled down all the plug-ins, everything is running but I can't seem to find where the Sunwell info is displayed. I'm standing in Sunwell as we speak.
Dragonzbane

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:11 am

Hey, I tried it. But I did not like it.

Why? For Avoidance/Crushing I'm using Tank-Points (nice in my character screen), for Ardent Defender I use this:

http://rapidshare.com/files/111532476/A ... r.zip.html

By LLoydBates. It is a tiny little addon that prints the Ardent Defender information in chat frame 1 after a combat when it procs. It it does not proc you wont see anything.

It also does a more accurate calculation then (at least the old addon) the other Ardent Defender Addons, because it WILL check for strings of hits!

For rebuffing.. well I use ZOMGBuffs.

So no need for me *g*
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby jere » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:13 am

Honestly, I use it for RF reminders, AD announcements to the raid, and a quick visual display of my crushing/crit/BV/+dmg that is there without me having to open up something/hover over something/type something.
jere

Postby ulushnar » Wed Jun 04, 2008 8:17 am

jere wrote:Honestly, I use it for RF reminders, AD announcements to the raid, and a quick visual display of my crushing/crit/BV/+dmg that is there without me having to open up something/hover over something/type something.

This basically. The mod tells me my uncrushable rating, my holy spelldamage and my BV in one place, whilst reminding me of my RF. That alone makes it worthwhile for me. And now that it's Ace, I can just install it and forget about it.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Dragonzbane » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:02 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:Hey, I tried it. But I did not like it.

Why? For Avoidance/Crushing I'm using Tank-Points (nice in my character screen), for Ardent Defender I use this:

http://rapidshare.com/files/111532476/A ... r.zip.html

By LLoydBates. It is a tiny little addon that prints the Ardent Defender information in chat frame 1 after a combat when it procs. It it does not proc you wont see anything.

It also does a more accurate calculation then (at least the old addon) the other Ardent Defender Addons, because it WILL check for strings of hits!

For rebuffing.. well I use ZOMGBuffs.

So no need for me *g*

You use 3 mods instead of 1, okay.
Not my kind of logic but whatever.
Dragonzbane

Postby Dragonzbane » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:03 am

Dragonzbane wrote: I can't seem to find where the Sunwell info is displayed.

Help?
Dragonzbane

Postby Nharezia » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:45 am

Dragonzbane wrote:
Dragonzbane wrote: I can't seem to find where the Sunwell info is displayed.

Help?

copy/pasted from the Tankadin homepage :

This small plug-in for Tankadin allows the user to view their attack table when the Sunwell Radiance buff is active in Sunwell Plateau. To enable, simply click on the Tankadin Options button, and click the Sunwell Radiance mini button in the upper right of the Options Panel. From there, you can enable or disable the plug-in. Remember that you must cast a spell (ie Holy Shield) to see the effects upon the attack table.

this , says all .... and i think , you know this ... :roll:
Nharezia

Postby Letumeversor » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:54 pm

jere wrote:Honestly, I use it for RF reminders, AD announcements to the raid, and a quick visual display of my crushing/crit/BV/+dmg that is there without me having to open up something/hover over something/type something.

this. Would love if it also played a sound when RF is completely gone, sometimes even the bright neon-green flashing doesn't get my attention
Letumeversor

Postby Tandors » Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:05 pm

set the color to white and then set the image to galaxy. i actually can't play without RF on all the time because of this.
Tandors

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:38 am

Dragonzbane wrote:You use 3 mods instead of 1, okay.
Not my kind of logic but whatever.

Well.. right. I use 2 very small and light addons that use about 15% of the ram/cpu time to do exactly what I want instead of a bloated addon that does a lot of things that I don't want.

The third (ZOMGBuffs) is something I use anyhow for buffing.

Honestly, I use it for RF reminders, AD announcements to the raid, and a quick visual display of my crushing/crit/BV/+dmg that is there without me having to open up something/hover over something/type something.

RF reminder = ZOMG. AD announcements.. ok, our second tank paladin has this addon. But honestly.. "I survived because I have AD!" in chat does what exactly? In my eyes useless.. For a healer to read this and to do something is like 1 Sec at least. Then to start a healing/shield.. either they already did that or no AD in the world will save me.

For crushing: easy thing: I'm uncrushable in all my sets. I'm un-crittable in all my sets. My BV/+dmg.. ok, I don't care. I have numerous tanking sets bound to quick keys. I KNOW what my high BV/+SD Set is. One Keypress and good to go.

All those information are important. But I will never ever need them quickly for reference.. I need them when I build a Set or dress for a special boss or so. But never ever on the fly. Could not care less when I actually tank something.

But: I love WoW for just having the option to display what I want. My interface is probably horrible for more than 50% of the paladins out there. But it is perfect for me.
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby jere » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:17 am

Letumeversor wrote:

this. Would love if it also played a sound when RF is completely gone, sometimes even the bright neon-green flashing doesn't get my attention

I use one of the effects that covers the whole screen in yellow, so it is hard to miss. I think it is warp tunnel.

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:

RF reminder = ZOMG. AD announcements.. ok, our second tank paladin has this addon. But honestly.. "I survived because I have AD!" in chat does what exactly? In my eyes useless.. For a healer to read this and to do something is like 1 Sec at least. Then to start a healing/shield.. either they already did that or no AD in the world will save me.

Well, perhaps I am the only person running with healers controlled by human players, but I know sometimes people get distracted/fall asleep/watch Flyers games. It happens to everyone at some point. The reminder is a nice way to give them a poke since raid warnings make a sound and flash in big letters in your screen. I have actually gotten quite a few comments about how nice it is from a few of the healers that do raid healing. It lets them know that they should probably toss a couple heals on me to help the other healers out (maybe they died or are CS'ed, etc.)

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:For crushing: easy thing: I'm uncrushable in all my sets. I'm un-crittable in all my sets. My BV/+dmg.. ok, I don't care. I have numerous tanking sets bound to quick keys. I KNOW what my high BV/+SD Set is. One Keypress and good to go.

All those information are important. But I will never ever need them quickly for reference.. I need them when I build a Set or dress for a special boss or so. But never ever on the fly. Could not care less when I actually tank something.

That's fine. I typically run with 5-6 sets of gear in my bags, and I don't always tank the same thing each raid. My 5-6 sets are setup in item rack for easy swapping, but I don't setup whole sets for one boss. Like for Kaz'Rogal, I typically use a modified version of my trash set to maximize mana pool / threat, but have enough avoidance / mitigation to survive his attacks as well. I really don't see the need to add another set just for him. The same for a lot of the different AoE packs. I use a totally different AoE set for the murlocs on Tidewalker than I do for Janaali's dragonhawk hatchlings, and a totally different one for MH trash. I don't really see the need of doing complete sets for each, so I use a generic AoE set and just swap around a piece or two. Having those stats at a glance is nice for those situations. I find the flexibility I have a good thing to since we still do progression content and I play a lot with gear. I am not always uncrush in all my gear without libram of repentance, so when gear swapping, it is nice to know when I can fit in LoDP instead and when I am stuck using LoR for uncrush.

Each person does something different and that is fine. If you don't want to use Tankadin, that is fine. No big there at all. There are plenty of us that like it and its features. I am not sure why you think it is bloated. It doesn't take up hardly any resources on my computer.
jere

Postby Rhî » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:21 am

I've tested it, but it's eating too much ram (~5MB). But the functions are nice.
Rhî

Postby Sarkan-ZdC » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:17 am

jere wrote:Each person does something different and that is fine. If you don't want to use Tankadin, that is fine. No big there at all. There are plenty of us that like it and its features. I am not sure why you think it is bloated. It doesn't take up hardly any resources on my computer.

Well I use about 130 Addons (including some libs, most is with libs). So resources is interessting.

For me the most important thing was NOT RAM/CPU time, it was just screen space. It is just to big for me *g*

It also gives me redundant information. I have tank-points which does the same thing for numbers. But has lots of extra stuff. Like the tankpoints, the EH in the tooltip and so on.

Maybe I'll give it another try when I redo my interface, but right now, does not fit in my clean interface *g*
Sarkan-ZdC

Postby jere » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:24 am

Sarkan-ZdC wrote:It also gives me redundant information. I have tank-points which does the same thing for numbers. But has lots of extra stuff. Like the tankpoints, the EH in the tooltip and so on.

You might find this funny, but the exact reason I dropped tankpoints was because it gave me nothing that I wanted that tankadin didn't already. Not that I am saying one is better than the other, but I found it funny we each dropped one of the addons for about the same reason. It's neat to see differing perspectives.
jere

Postby Dragonzbane » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:19 am

Nharezia wrote:
This small plug-in for Tankadin allows the user to view their attack table when the Sunwell Radiance buff is active in Sunwell Plateau. To enable, simply click on the Tankadin Options button, and click the Sunwell Radiance mini button in the upper right of the Options Panel. From there, you can enable or disable the plug-in. Remember that you must cast a spell (ie Holy Shield) to see the effects upon the attack table.

this , says all .... and i think , you know this ... :roll:

I appreciate the info.
:roll:

But it's not there and that's why I posted.

Sometimes it's best to assume people can/did actually read the directions.

The addon was downloaded, turned on and I see the plug-in listed but there is no mini-button in the options panel.

Unless someone can come up with something more helpful I might as well purge the whole thing and start all over again.
Dragonzbane

Postby _Chloe » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:56 am

_Chloe

Postby guillex » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:58 am

PWNED!
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Dragonzbane » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:10 am

Guillex wrote:PWNED!

Except like I said:

IT ISN'T THERE.

Guillex, stop being an internet loser, posting stuff like this is childish.
Though I did find it funny that people have to act like idiots when they have no fucking clue.

Next thing you know people are going to tell me to make sure my computer is plugged in and turned on.

Please feel free to reply only if you can add something useful to my querry.
Last edited by Dragonzbane on Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:16 am, edited 3 times in total.
Dragonzbane

Postby _Chloe » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:12 am

run this
Code: Select all
/script Tankadin_Options_ChangeFrame(Tankadin_Stapler_OptionsFrame, 0);

Let me know if it works.
_Chloe

Postby Dragonzbane » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:13 am

_Chloe wrote:run this
Code: Select all
/script Tankadin_Options_ChangeFrame(Tankadin_Stapler_OptionsFrame, 0);

Let me know if it works.

Thank you, I'll do so as soon as I get home.
Dragonzbane

Postby jere » Thu Jun 05, 2008 11:30 am

Dragonzbane wrote:Next thing you know people are going to tell me to make sure my computer is plugged in and turned on.

That reminds me when I was trying to get help with my computer at work from the tech support guy. I was talking to the guy through net meeting. At one point he asked me to do ipconfig to make sure my IP address wasn't 0.0.0.0

lol, I about died.
jere

Postby kram » Tue Jun 10, 2008 2:14 pm

Has there been a update for stapler yet to fix the transparent skin resetting every relog?
kram

Postby Melathys » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:41 pm

just added this to my list of mods.

One thing I'd like to see (repost maybe, not reading 35+ pages) is an option to calculate uncrushability with buffs added. Like a window to click on which buffs you count on (ie, mark of the wild, agi food, etc) to help you see if you hit uncrushable with raid buffs.

I've taken to trying to maximize my health by trying to reach uncrushable -after- raid buffs, so I'm not wasting some avoidance stats hitting uncrushable unbuffed when I could use those slots for more stamina...you get what I'm saying.. I hope, lol.

just a suggestion, take it as you will. :) otherwise, looks good so far as I've seen it.
Melathys

Postby Robin de tolens » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:26 am

This post has to be at the top of the Add-on forum :D
Krahla - 80 Warlock
Elemmírë - 70 Priest
Veljen - 25 Shaman
The reliable protection of the horseman is DONKEY of the bathroom
Robin de tolens

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros