[Pitbull] Problem since 2.3 (Target's Debuffs)

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

[Pitbull] Problem since 2.3 (Target's Debuffs)

Postby Coldaan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 1:52 am

Hiho!

I'm having a huge Problem with the Ace-Addon "Pitbull" (Unitframes) since the release of patch 2.3.
It seems to me that the debuff-indicator of my target is causing huge lags/fps issues. If I deactivate the debuff-indicator of the target (or: switch to only show debuffs caused by myself) everything runs smoothly.
But most of the time it is more than just helpfull to see the debuffs of the target, so this is kind of a huge problem for me as a tank. I've been looking all over different forums and I've also tried fixing this issue by changing some (all?^^) of pitbull's options, but I had no luck.
I would guess it has something to do with buffs and debuffs now (since 2.3) constantly being visible even on hostile targets, but then a lot of people would have to have these problems right?

Help is very much appreciated.
Coldaan

Postby Gerilith » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:09 am

I strongly recommend using AltAuras instead of the build-in aura module.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Coldaan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:22 am

Gerilith wrote:I strongly recommend using AltAuras instead of the build-in aura module.

i was already thinking that my problem might have something to do with Auras & Alt_Auras, but I don't quite get what those do in the first place.^^

What's the difference between Auras & Alt_Auras and do I have to choose between them in my Addons-List or even use both?
Coldaan

Postby Gerilith » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:50 am

Auras and AltAuras manage the buffs/debuffs. The main difference is that AltAuras is coded a little better. If you use AltAuras you should disable Auras completely.
Standing alone with no direction
How did I fall so far behind?
Why Am I searching for perfection?
Knowing it's something I won't find
Gerilith

Postby Coldaan » Mon Nov 19, 2007 4:57 am

ok i'll try this when i get home tonight. thanks man. :wink:
Coldaan

Postby Coldaan » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:38 am

ok well i tried using Alt_Auras instead of Auras but the problem is still there. looked all over the web including the ace forums but it seems like it's not a known issue and not many people have this problem (a few have though).

anyway, if anyone finds a solution to the fps/lags issue i have with the debuffs of pitbull-unitframes let me know.^^
Coldaan

Postby chayde » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:05 am

You can try using ag_Unitframes for now instead of pitbull until your issue is cleared. AG is basically the same thing as pitbull with a few less options maintained by a different author.
chayde

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros