Ardent Defender Tracking mod.

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Ardent Defender Tracking mod.

Postby Jonesy » Sun Nov 11, 2007 6:50 pm

I've seen a few people wondering just how effective Ardent Defender is, and I've wondered it myself, so I wrote a little mod to tell me how much damage it mitigated:

http://wrong.nu/~james/files/ArdentDefenderTracker.zip

I ran it tonight through SSC, and it seemed to give fairly accurate answers. The only thing I haven't tested is the "deaths avoided" feature, because I didn't have time before raid to grab a healer and solo something that hit me hard enough.

I'd love any feedback or feature requests, though I'm not planning to make it do much more than the name implies.

Thanks!

(For reference, my figures were that it generally worked out at about 5% mitigation on trash. We killed Solarian yesterday, I sat out for VR, and tanked adds on Al'ar, so I didn't get a chance to test it on a boss - again, feedback would be much appreciated.)
Jonesy

Postby Dunkan » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:17 pm

Nice.

i'll give it a go.

dunk
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby Longadin » Sun Nov 11, 2007 7:31 pm

sounds good, giving it a shot...will let you know my results too!
Longadin - Thaurissan Horde <Secrets>
Longadin

Postby Aalryn » Sun Nov 11, 2007 8:34 pm

I am very much looking forward to giving this a try on next week's raid. If this mod does what you say, you would have done the tankadin community a great service. This information will also be valuable to maybe help convince a few more guild leaders about the value of a tankadin
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby kvark » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:15 am

possible to do a quick :

if ((health - ad_mitigation) < 0)
print_screen("AD just saved your butt");

? =)
kvark

Postby Candiru » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:01 am

hmm I haven't used lua before but the line:
Code: Select all
if ((UnitHealth("player") - arg2) / UnitHealthMax("player") <= 0.35) then

looks like it might be assuming AD was unleapfrogable.
If the new health after damage is <=35% of max health then ... is what the line appears to do to me, which means the NEXT hit you take if you don't receive healing will be mitigated by AD, while your code seems to be adding the damage from that hit as well.

If i've misunderstood then sorry, just making sure you weren't accidentally making AD appear much better than it is!
Candiru

Postby Worldie » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:54 am

Keylogger!

Hehe, will try it today :)
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Aalryn » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:59 am

I ran it through avast antivirus.. looks safe so far.. if i'm down 10,000g i'll know why though hehe.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Jonesy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 3:59 am

Blah, thanks Candiru, of course you're right. If you delete the "- arg2" you'll have the code doing the right thing. I've updated the version on the server.

It's not a keylogger (though of course I would say that), if people like I can unzip it on the server as three text files.
Jonesy

Postby Neuron » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:00 pm

Might want to post this under the addons forum area. Looks like a neat mod.

Also, Candiru's name gives me nightmares :(

http://www.google.com/search?q=candiru

Shudder.........
http://www.ardentdefender.com - A combat log parsing API
Neuron

Postby Oramac » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:15 pm

Neuron wrote:Might want to post this under the addons forum area. Looks like a neat mod.

Also, Candiru's name gives me nightmares :(

http://www.google.com/search?q=candiru

Shudder.........

neat!

course, i'm also the guy that isnt bothered by leeches either so....

also, just installed it. is there an icon that shows up anywhere? or does it just yell at ya when AD kicks in?
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Jonesy » Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:49 pm

Neuron wrote:Might want to post this under the addons forum area. Looks like a neat mod.

Sure, have done. Thanks.

Oramac wrote:also, just installed it. is there an icon that shows up anywhere? or does it just yell at ya when AD kicks in?

Just get into combat...at the end of combat it'll print a little message telling you how much damage AD mitigated, as a figure and a percentage, and how many times it stopped you dying.
Jonesy

Postby s4m222 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:07 am

every pally should have this. very unobtrusive, NO tweaking.

Simple :D

Great job on the mod!
s4m222

Postby Candiru » Wed Nov 14, 2007 3:45 am

Hmm, is there anyway to make it only active if you are a Paladin? saves me from having to disable it for all my alts!

It also seems to reveal AD to be a little rubbish, over a TK run involving all three normal bosses and trash it was mitigating mostly 0.0% (healers on the ball). The only time it seemed to do anything was when we wiped after a bad pull of 2 robots and an AoE pack of casters on the way to Solarian where it saved my life 3 times before I died.

I might ditch AD and keep the mod running, then when I die and it says "AD saved your life" you know it WOULD have saved your life.
Candiru

Postby Kaelie » Wed Nov 14, 2007 5:21 am

If this can free up 5 points, I'm all for it. I knew prot was bloated, but it didn't quite hit me how much until I respecced to grab CE last night. I highly doubt it's worth dropping, though. WTB [More Data].
Kaelie

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros