Remove Advertisements

Grim Reaper

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Grim Reaper

Postby Zahir » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:37 pm

Does anyone use Grimreaper?

It's a addon that's attached to Xperl that shows the last few hits that made someone die...or something similar to this.

I do not or want to use xperl and was wondering if there was a alternative addon that others use
Zahir

Re: Grim Reaper

Postby Warrender » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:39 pm

Zahir wrote:I do not or want to use xperl and was wondering if there was a alternative addon that others use

You do know you can just install this without having to install Xperl right?
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Zahir » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:42 pm

everytime i try to use it it gives me a error, that's why i was asking. I basically moved the grim reaper folder to my Addon folder...let me see if i can make this work
Zahir

Postby DamnLag » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:48 pm

I may take a look at it, although I really detest using non ACE mods and usually just end up tossing anything not ACE. :o

edit: I am currently at work, so I cannot verify.. there is a directory in the XPerl download /XPerl_GrimReaper .. can this be installed standalone.. or is there a seperate download for GrimReaper?
Batteries not included.
DamnLag

Postby Warrender » Fri Nov 09, 2007 1:53 pm

DamnLag wrote:I may take a look at it, although I really detest using non ACE mods and usually just end up tossing anything not ACE. :o

edit: I am currently at work, so I cannot verify.. there is a directory in the XPerl download /XPerl_GrimReaper .. can this be installed standalone.. or is there a seperate download for GrimReaper?

There is no separate download for GrimReaper. Basically just install Xperl as usual and just delete everything you just installed minus GrimReaper.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Zahir » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:08 pm

k i'll do that thanks :D
Zahir

Postby jere » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:50 pm

If you still have trouble, what you do is also grab the core xperl folder as well, so you "might" need:

Xperl
Xperl_grimreaper

It shouldn't override your unitframes at all.
jere

Postby jere » Fri Nov 09, 2007 2:53 pm

I just popped up the search function in the forums and did a search for

Grim Reaper

And I got the following threads, which may help you some as you play with it:

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... rim+reaper

http://www.failsafedesign.com/maintanka ... rim+reaper

I <3 the search function
jere

Postby Zhalseran » Fri Nov 09, 2007 3:32 pm

not a fan of grim reaper personally, it just clogs up my screen which isnt worth it for how much I would use it
Zhalseran

Postby jere » Sat Nov 10, 2007 4:27 pm

Zhalseran wrote:not a fan of grim reaper personally, it just clogs up my screen which isnt worth it for how much I would use it

./confused

You can scale it to whatever size you want, and it only shows if you hover over a unit frame. It has never really bothered me at all
jere

Postby ehly » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:25 pm

I would suggest just using the mod recount if you don't want xperl but want to track how someone died.

recount has a tab that shows deaths and you can search every person death (within range) exactly what happened. What heals came in and whos heals. Even has some graph options that help.
ehly

Postby Zhalseran » Sat Nov 10, 2007 7:37 pm

jere wrote:
Zhalseran wrote:not a fan of grim reaper personally, it just clogs up my screen which isnt worth it for how much I would use it

./confused

You can scale it to whatever size you want, and it only shows if you hover over a unit frame. It has never really bothered me at all

thats it though. I don't want it hovering there every time I mouse over a unit frame. It gets in my way
Zhalseran

Postby jere » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:10 pm

Zhalseran wrote:
jere wrote:

./confused

thats it though. I don't want it hovering there every time I mouse over a unit frame. It gets in my way

Ahh ok. I guess it doesn't bother me much. I just move it to the bottom right corner of my screen where I don't have any unit frames, so when I do hover over the unit frames, it doesn't get in the way for me. To each their own I guess.
jere

Postby chayde » Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:43 pm

Just use assessment from wowace.com. This mod is great for this kind of thing. Plus it does the whole damage/healing meters, built in threat meter that works off the same library that omen uses. All you have to do is choose Death from the list and then pick which death and it gives a complete combat log that can be linked right into raid chat. Really useful.
chayde

Postby Warrender » Wed Nov 14, 2007 6:43 am

chayde wrote:Just use assessment from wowace.com. This mod is great for this kind of thing. Plus it does the whole damage/healing meters, built in threat meter that works off the same library that omen uses. All you have to do is choose Death from the list and then pick which death and it gives a complete combat log that can be linked right into raid chat. Really useful.

Thanks for the tip. I'm also one that's not a fan of GR's way of hooking into tooltips and had resorted to using Recount just for this info. Always felt like slight overkill though and was looking for a simpler mod to use.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros