UI reset on me

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

UI reset on me

Postby Frickit » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:46 am

I recently departed from using the default UI. I got bongos2, x-perls, HH, pally power(not sure how to use that yet) and some others, and I set up about a dozen macros.
With the last patch I was horrified to see my screen completely destroyed. I thought I had saved my set up but it would not load so I have to redo all my bars and everything.
My biggest concern is my macros though. Is there a way to save my UI and more importantly my macros? All of my macros are gone and must be re-written and even the screen shots I took within the last two weeks of my new set up after spending hours getting it just right are gone, so I dont even have a reference.

Im very upset. :cry:
Frickit

Postby Frickit » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:04 am

Also, just so I know, if I want to remove my addons and get a whole new set of mods, do I simply delete them from the addon folder?
Frickit

Postby Warrender » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:14 am

Frickit wrote:Also, just so I know, if I want to remove my addons and get a whole new set of mods, do I simply delete them from the addon folder?

That'll work. You might also want to delete the savedvariables files from your WTF folder as some upgraded versions of mods conflict with older versions.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:15 am

Serious? 2.2 and it's mini patches did nothing to my UI.... well, I did have to update all the mods, but I do that all the time anyway, because I use Omen. AceUpdater is full of win by the way.

I can possibly see how the patch might have messed with your mods, it happens sometimes. What I can't see is how the hell the patch deleted your macros. I'm thinking that something got corrupted in your download of the patch. :/ It's the only thing I can think of, sorry, and there's nothing that you can do about it other than start again.

If you want to start from scratch I quite often delete the entire addons and WTF folders. WoW recreates them when you log in. ;) I'm so lazy sometimes.
Levantine

Postby Frickit » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:36 am

Levantine wrote:Serious? 2.2 and it's mini patches did nothing to my UI.... well, I did have to update all the mods, but I do that all the time anyway, because I use Omen. AceUpdater is full of win by the way.

I can possibly see how the patch might have messed with your mods, it happens sometimes. What I can't see is how the hell the patch deleted your macros. I'm thinking that something got corrupted in your download of the patch. :/ It's the only thing I can think of, sorry, and there's nothing that you can do about it other than start again.

If you want to start from scratch I quite often delete the entire addons and WTF folders. WoW recreates them when you log in. ;) I'm so lazy sometimes.

You know what I think you're right. I have Vista now and it's very overprotective. I have to allow it to download things and somehow I got on without getting the patch last night. Ran scholo and when I went to hearth out my whole game had an error. So I had to allow it as an administrator to run my loader and get the patch. Thats when everything went screwy. I really really hope that doesn't happen every time :evil:
Frickit

Postby Warrender » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:42 am

Frickit wrote:You know what I think you're right. I have Vista now and it's very overprotective. I have to allow it to download things and somehow I got on without getting the patch last night. Ran scholo and when I went to hearth out my whole game had an error. So I had to allow it as an administrator to run my loader and get the patch. Thats when everything went screwy. I really really hope that doesn't happen every time :evil:

It will until you move your WoW folder from Program Files to the root drive.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Frickit » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:48 am

Warrender wrote:
Frickit wrote:You know what I think you're right. I have Vista now and it's very overprotective. I have to allow it to download things and somehow I got on without getting the patch last night. Ran scholo and when I went to hearth out my whole game had an error. So I had to allow it as an administrator to run my loader and get the patch. Thats when everything went screwy. I really really hope that doesn't happen every time :evil:

It will until you move your WoW folder from Program Files to the root drive.

OK. So I move the entire wow folder and put it in my C drive on its own right? I hate doing stuff like that I always seem to cause damage. :lol:

Thanks for the input guys
Frickit

Postby Warrender » Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:03 am

Frickit wrote:OK. So I move the entire wow folder and put it in my C drive on its own right? I hate doing stuff like that I always seem to cause damage. :lol:

Then you better get used to future headaches doing it your way.

WoW is very good in that there aren't any registry settings that will get munged if you do a simple cut and paste of directories. About the only thing you will need to worry about is updating any shortcuts on your desktop if you do it right.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros