Low FPS in large groups

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Low FPS in large groups

Postby DisRuptive1 » Sat Dec 13, 2014 11:43 am

What exactly causes the frame rate to drop in large groups? I want to make changes to my settings that will give me more fps in group settings while still maintaining high graphic fidelity. I can't seem to find any one option that gives me large increases in DPS (short of lowering everything).
DisRuptive1

Re: Low FPS in large groups

Postby DisRuptive1 » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:53 pm

I think I figured it out. All settings were set to their lowest and I was still getting really low fps. Probably means it's a problem with the game in certain scenarios rather than my computer.
DisRuptive1

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:23 am

What's your PC specifics son? Processor, RAM, GPU?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby DisRuptive1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:07 am

Pretty damn good, but I don't know the specifics. Um...

i7 980X
2-GTX 480s (in SLI)
24 GB RAM
SSD

I think those are the important parts.
DisRuptive1

Postby Worldie » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:18 am

There must be something wrong then because with worst specifics I run 120+ FPS all Ultra.

Stupid question, are your DirectX and GPU drivers updated? Occasionally a minimal update from the graphic team can mess up with older drivers.

Question 2 would be if you checked if certain effects (Antialiasing, Shadows, Reflection often responsible for huge fps drops) are messing with your graphic cards.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby DisRuptive1 » Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:09 pm

Worldie wrote:There must be something wrong then because with worst specifics I run 120+ FPS all Ultra.

I linked a screenshot earlier showing tons of bodies on the ground at the very lowest of settings (though resolution was the same). The FPS was the same regardless of the settings I used, whether they were low, high, or Ultra which meant that the FPS drop was caused by something happening before any textures, shadows, etc were added. It was probably the drawing of all the polygons that make up each body which caused the drop.

Worldie wrote:Stupid question, are your DirectX and GPU drivers updated?

Yes.

Worldie wrote:Question 2 would be if you checked if certain effects (Antialiasing, Shadows, Reflection often responsible for huge fps drops) are messing with your graphic cards.

I am aware that Nvidia cards have trouble with Shadows so I keep those on the lowest settings all the time.
DisRuptive1

Postby Worldie » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:16 am

Have you checked if the GPU or the fan is covered in dust? Dust cover can greatly slow performances

Also have you tried logging without addons to see if it's an addon issue?

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby DisRuptive1 » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:38 pm

Worldie wrote:Have you checked if the GPU or the fan is covered in dust?

Computer is clean.

Also have you tried logging without addons to see if it's an addon issue?

Not yet. I'll try when I get an opportunity although I'm kind of afraid what will happen when I turn everything off then back on again.
DisRuptive1

Postby Worldie » Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:16 am

Turning everything off then back on doesn't change anything, you find the UI identical.

In case without addons you get improvement, you will need to manually turn them on 1 by 1 to find out which addon is causing your FPS problem.

Worldie
Global Mod

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros