Rematch (Pet Battle Addon)

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Rematch (Pet Battle Addon)

Postby jere » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:49 am

I've been playing with a new pet battle teams addon, Rematch, which being authored by Gello (Some of yall might recognize the name).

The premise of it is it tries to setup teams that auto load when you click/mouseover the appropriate NPC. A lot of it is fully implemented, but it is still kinda in development as he has just started working on fully supporting "carry pets", but so far it has been a pretty good addon to mess with. He's also doing some other work to incorporate a better journal which allows a smarter search engine for pets (search for all pets that have Call Lighting for example), but that isn't incorporated yet.

There's been a lot of discussion on it in other forums, and Gello has been really open to insight/comments/etc. Might be something to consider checking out if you use tamers to level pets. I can't link the page from here due to website blocking, but if you search google for Rematch wowinterface, it will bring up the wowinterface page for it. It's also on curse, but apparently curse's update system is slower than wowinterface's, so the quick changes Gello makes show up on wowinterface first.

I know a lot of people use Pet Battle Teams (I do as well...just started testing this one out this week), but it actually is a pretty nice addon and I am deciding as I play with it if I will make the full switch. There is an option to import all your PBT addon teams into rematch as well, though there can be some tinkering to do once you do that (both addons treat the levelling pet slot a bit differently).

Anyone else tried this one out?
jere

Re: Rematch (Pet Battle Addon)

Postby jere » Thu Mar 20, 2014 9:17 am

Just as an update Gello finally added his first version of the pet journal to Rematch. It's still a bit limited in terms of filters/sorting, but the search function is really really nice. Want all pets that use call lightning, do a search for Call Lightning. It even searches the text of ability descriptions, so if there are a bunch of abilities that all do the same thing but just have different names, if you do a search on a unique phrase in the descriptions, it picks them all up for you. It also searches by level (>x, <x, =x, x-y).

I think Gello is also working on adding more filtering/sorting options at the time. This is a new feature, but pretty nice to have in game.
jere

Postby jere » Tue May 27, 2014 9:28 am

2.4.3 was released and now there are some pretty neat updates. Following the idea of searching by level, searching by stats was added. Now you can do things like search:

speed>300
health>1400
power>325
health=700-1546
speed=276
etc.

In addition, you can do multiple search criteria. Need a pet with at least 1400 health, at least 301 speed, and that has a dodge ability:
health>=1400 speed>300 dodge

The levelling queue has been upgraded as well. You can dump your search results directly into the levelling queue and you can see the type & level of all the pets in it.
jere

Postby jere » Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:17 pm

As a note, if anyone is having trouble with PBT still (there are updated versions floating around, but they don't work for everyone), Rematch is running well so far with the patch and can import PBT teams if you need something to fill the gap until PBT is ready. Just make sure to enable both PBT (yes even if it doesn't work) and Rematch will put a button in the options menu to import PBT teams). Then you can turn off PBT until you have a working version.
jere

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros