Help me fix this castsequence macro

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Help me fix this castsequence macro

Postby DisRuptive1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:24 pm

Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/castsequence reset=9 Holy Wrath, Consecration, Light's Hammer

The first time I use all 3 abilities it works fine and resets to Holy Wrath. Then I cast Holy Wrath and Consecration and it shows Light's Hammer still on cooldown (which is fine). The problem I'm having is that it doesn't reset to Holy Wrath again 9 seconds after I've casted it.
DisRuptive1

Re: Help me fix this castsequence macro

Postby Koatanga » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:29 pm

The reset counts from the last time you called the macro, so if you are spamming it to use the abilities on cooldown, then you'll be resetting the 9 seconds every time you hit it. If you simply don't press the button again, does it change in 9 seconds? Because the syntax looks ok.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby DisRuptive1 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:37 pm

It works fine the first time. It's the second time going through that problems occur.

I hit it once for Holy Wrath.
Later on I hit it again for Consecration.
I hit it a third time for Light's Hammer and it goes back to Holy Wrath (showing it on cooldown if it's still on cooldown).
I hit it a fourth time to cast Holy Wrath.
I hit it a fifth time to cast Consecration.

The macro then shows Light's Hammer on cooldown (with about 45 seconds left). I put Holy Wrath by itself on one of my other bars so I could monitor when it came off cooldown. When it did come off cooldown the macro still showed Light's Hammer on cooldown. Remember, this is the second time through the macro.
DisRuptive1

Postby Koatanga » Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:56 pm

The macro will show Light's hammer for 9 seconds, provided you do not hit the macro button again, before it resets to Holy Wrath.

The cooldown is reset every time the macro button is hit. It doesn't matter if a spell is on cooldown or unable to be cast - the reset is relative to the macro, not the spell.

If you don't touch the macro, then it will reset to Holy Wrath after 9 seconds of being left alone.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Nooska » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:56 pm

^This leads to reset being the lowest number possible where it stays in the sequence when you want it to. So how long doe sit take between you hitting the macro?
CS-J-X-CS-X-J-CS-X-X means that at 0 haste you will be hitting it at most 2 gcd's apart (X-CS-J-X and X-J-CS-X parts) so set the reset to be 3 - or if you can be a bit slow in hitting the macro (and get delayed by .1 second or so) set it to 4 - you will have a problem with the third ability on the second go still though, as that comes in an X-CS-X sequence, so at 3 seconds after you hit it for second ability in the sequence, so if you are good at clockworking it and have a little haste, set it to 3 second reset, and train yourself to hold off on it for the sequences without LH.

Alternatively you could pop in another filler (I seem to rmeember having 3 apart from L75, or am I misremembering?)

another choice would be to write out the filler rotation and add 1 or 2 more rotations in the sequence so you can make do with a shorter reset.
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Skye1013 » Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:40 pm

You'd have to be careful with the shorter reset though, since it might reset before you have a chance to hit Consecration/LH (perhaps if you get stunned or have to move or something) with Holy Wrath still on cd.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros