Macro to simulate right clicking an NPC

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Macro to simulate right clicking an NPC

Postby DisRuptive1 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 11:06 pm

I'm attempting to farm the Ghostly Pandaren Fisherman but another guy is also farming it and has parked himself on a mammoth mount where the Ghostly Pandaren Fisherman spawns. I found a macro that allows me to pick his first option (which gives a rare item) but it requires me to be able to right click on him and open up his dialog options. I'm afraid that if I can't right click him or simulate a right click after targeting the mob, I'll lose out on his rare item and have to keep farming him.

This is what I have so far.

Code: Select all
/tar Ghostly Pandaren Fisherman
????
/script SelectGossipOption(1)

I just need something to simulate a right click where the ???? goes.
DisRuptive1

Re: Macro to simulate right clicking an NPC

Postby KysenMurrin » Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:03 am

I don't know about a macro to make it easily spammable, but there is a keybind for Interact with Target in the keybinds menu.
Temporarily playing WoW again.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 17, 2012 3:29 am

Also shift + V for friendly nameplates.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby degre » Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:26 am

As far as I remember there is actually no macro for such action, so it's either use nameplates as Worldie suggests and right click on it, or use a /tar macro and keybind the interaction.
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Kuripari » Wed Oct 17, 2012 7:34 am

I use the interact with target keybind. After playing Guild Wars 2 for a bit, I got used to using F to interact, so I have it bound now on my WoW toons for that same purpose. It's very useful along with nameplates for selecting targets.
Kuripari - Skywall US Horde
Kuripari

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros