Remove Advertisements

A couple of basic questions

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

A couple of basic questions

Postby bobthefrog » Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:17 am

Hi all, I used to be a raiding tankadin and spriest back in BC, but haven't played for 3 years. I'm now back, and have just levelled a new pally to 85. I'm playing ret, I like the fact there's no set rotation, much more a loose priority system that requires thinking abut, similar to my old spriest. Once I've learned the dungeons, I'll start tanking again as well. I've reinstalled the basic addons I used to use, i.e. grid, omen, omniCC, and set up some useful macros again. I am still having a couple of issues. One is knowing when inquisition is up, as it's only a small countdown among many in the top right. The other is seeing holy power, as that's stuck in the top left. I'm looking for an addon (or two) that will let me put those two things just above the bottom bar, nice & easy to see. Can anybody recommend stuff, preferably available at curse?
bobthefrog

Re: A couple of basic questions

Postby beornus » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:05 am

Try MoveAnything , available at Curse

I should have kept quiet and thought a fool then to have typed and removed all doubt.
beornus
Maintankadonor

Postby Cogglamp » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:37 am

I really like Power Auras for any kind of cooldown tracking. We have a list of power aura strings stickied here and I know there are some for Ret. I'd have to go back and look at how we've set up our ret aura strings and see if that is what you're looking for but it's a place to start.

I also really enjoy using Elv's edit of tukui, especially for my Paladin (it seems that Elv's main is a paladin). It's has most everything that you can possibly think of (class timer, trinket timer, cooldown, cast bar, combo/holy points, duration of stun/cc) all neatly placed in logical areas.
Cogglamp

Postby bldavis » Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:53 pm

i agree with powerauras
once i found and started using it, it has joined hte list of must have addons for wow now

if you use CLCRet you get a HP meter just below center of your screen, and the priority helper isnt active for prot/holy, leaving just the meter

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros