TidyPlates-No Overlapping?

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

TidyPlates-No Overlapping?

Postby zipspally » Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:47 am

I recently started playing again after a five month break. Got my UI back to where it was EXCEPT Tidyplates does not have the option "Allow overlapping" anymore. I do not tab target. It seems slower to me, rather than just seeing the mob that you are losing; clicking its plate and GG. This is hard to do when they are all stacked on each other. Am I just missing it in the tidyplates config?
zipspally

Re: TidyPlates-No Overlapping?

Postby arlen » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:31 am

It's in the Blizzard Interface options now. I believe its under Names.
arlen

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:07 am

Oh my soul! Hopefully this is the answer I've needed! I've been having soooo many targeting issues lately. Like can't even click on blisterings fast enough or elementium bolt...

I NEVER had problems with targeting things, and I've always hated tab targeting because it isn't as reliable. Hopefully this will fix it.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby JU1CYFRU1T » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:01 am

One thing that I found that makes picking up targets REALLY easy (for me at least), is to use the size setting in TidyPlates...

Basically, when I'm tanking I don't care how much health the mob has, because it's not my job to kill it, it's my job to hold aggro. I set the mod so that when I have threat the plates are green in color and as small as physically possible (they will almost disappear because they are so small). I set them to turn yellow and scale up to normal size when someone reaches 100% of my current threat, and then they are 2x their normal size and turn red when someone passes 110% threat.

This makes is SUPER easy to target that one stray mob getting lose, because it's the only name plate that is even really discernable. I don't really like when there is a large group of mobs, having my ENTIRE screen covered by plates, so I just let them stack, and set up the addon as described above.

If that works for you, great. If not, I'm glad that you found what you were looking for.
JU1CYFRU1T

Postby bldavis » Thu Apr 12, 2012 5:04 pm

hmm ill have to try this

i forgot about that feature of tidy plates

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros