Remove Advertisements

Help needed

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Help needed

Postby Hespherus » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:43 am

Hey guys, is it possible to have a macro, that will work in this manner: When i taunt from the other tank, i want to automatically cast Hand of salvation...so that he can still do his normal rotation and not have to just stay there autoattacking for 7-8 seconds.
Thanks in advance.
Hespherus

Re: Help needed

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Oct 19, 2011 7:43 am

/cast Hand of Reckoning
/cast [target=offtank] Hand of Salvation

Given most fights with tank swaps require a taunt more frequently than every 2 minutes, this isn't ideal. Your offtank needs to learn how to be disciplined, and you should prepare to have a SHoR and AS ready to go when it's your turn. The amount of Raid DPS you lose by the tank using lower DPS abilities for 3 GCDs is negligible.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Hespherus » Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:06 am

Thanks. We have no problem taunting off eachother. I was merely thinking of way to increase our RDPS. I know its not much but everything counts. Cheers!
Hespherus

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:08 am

Hespherus wrote:I know its not much but everything counts.

That's true -- sorry if I came off as a bit abrupt. Pre-coffee and such.

There's almost always more RDPS that can be squeezed out of DPS rather than futzing around with tanks, but there's no harm in maximizing what you can do. Your OT just needs to be aware of when the Salve is active, and when you have no vengeance and he's swimming in a sea of it (vengeance is the best mechanic ever. Honest.). If your OT is a bear he can also go kitty for even more DPS (our bear ranks on fights every so often by playing this game).
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:57 am

fuzzygeek wrote:If your OT is a bear he can also go kitty for even more DPS (our bear ranks on fights every so often by playing this game).

Wouldnt he do more dps staying bearform untill atleast his vengeance dropped?
And by the time its dropped, overaggroing isnt an issue anyway.

If you want to gain dps, wasting a GCD to cast Salv isnt the best option.
Personally we just keep going all out and when the first tank rips aggro back, you just taunt again and again.
That way both of your vengeance will be stacked a bit longer.
Treck

Postby Zalaria » Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:41 am

Treck wrote:
fuzzygeek wrote:If your OT is a bear he can also go kitty for even more DPS (our bear ranks on fights every so often by playing this game).

Wouldnt he do more dps staying bearform untill atleast his vengeance dropped?

If you want to gain dps, wasting a GCD to cast Salv isnt the best option.
Personally we just keep going all out and when the first tank rips aggro back, you just taunt again and again.
That way both of your vengeance will be stacked a bit longer.

That makes me cringe. Tank-swaps are usually because Bad Ability has stacked too high, and if the other tank keeps ripping threat you risk him getting his Bad Ability debuff refreshed so he can't take it back when yours gets too high. Plus only warriors can taunt every time the other tank pulls aggro.

We usually have our paladin start, and he salvs himself when the other tank taunts the first time. Lets the paladin keep going all-out for a bit instead of just autoattacking for 3 or 4 gcds.

Also, why did they feel the need to screw Vengeance even more with Burning Wound doing extra damage?
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:14 pm

Treck wrote:Wouldnt he do more dps staying bearform untill atleast his vengeance dropped?

I don't know exactly when he goes all firekitty or when he starts doing his John Fucking Madden thing, but during particularly boring fights (Baleroc, Rag) he's all over the place trying to keep himself entertained. I'm pretty good about having some burst threat ready on tank swaps so he doesn't feel the need to throttle that much, generally. As far as I can tell, anyway.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Wed Oct 19, 2011 6:01 pm

Zalaria wrote:That makes me cringe. Tank-swaps are usually because Bad Ability has stacked too high, and if the other tank keeps ripping threat you risk him getting his Bad Ability debuff refreshed so he can't take it back when yours gets too high. Plus only warriors can taunt every time the other tank pulls aggro.

True, all i could really think of was rag tbh.
As a tankswap on baleroc over a minute into the fight, you cant really pull threat after a tankswap there as you need to do 10% more threat than the other tank.
Same kinda goes for Beth, should be even more threat as most of the times threat doesnt reset from the people going upstairs, so again a lot of time of tpsing.
Other than that theres not other place to really tank swap in current content.

Zalaria wrote:We usually have our paladin start, and he salvs himself when the other tank taunts the first time. Lets the paladin keep going all-out for a bit instead of just autoattacking for 3 or 4 gcds.

If you wanna gain dps, have a holypaladin salv the tank who lost aggro.
If the tank loosing threat is a paladin, having a RF cancelaura is even better, sure you have to find a GCD to throw it back on, but makes most sense once you lost all vengeance and is about to taunt again.
Treck

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros