Remove Advertisements

Is there an addon that...

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Is there an addon that...

Postby Delakar » Sat May 21, 2011 11:13 pm

Shows your WoG timer counting down, while also highlighting your HP count and whether or not Sacred Duty is activated?

It seems clumsy to be looking at my buffs to check for SD, while looking at my HP bar to see if I am full yet, while checking the timer on my WoG to see if it's off cooldown. Does anyone know of an addon that can or could combine these into one spot on the screen, preferably with colours and a big timer so it can be viewed indirectly while tanking with a minimum of attention?
Delakar

Re: Is there an addon that...

Postby Epimer » Sun May 22, 2011 2:12 am

A lot of people use PowerAuras or WeakAuras to display that information. My WeakAuras setup can be seen in this screenshot:

The "WoG Ready!" bar turns into a timer bar when it's on cooldown, counting down the time until it's available. There's a Sacred Duty bar which shows up below the Inq one, which is red. The one star above the bars is a Holy Power count, and when it's full the third one pulses.

You could also use something like Raven to set up buff displays and a cooldown counter (I think? Haven't actually used Raven) for that information. Or any other buff filtering addon.
Epimer

Postby Delakar » Sun May 22, 2011 6:50 am

Thank you, that sounds ideal.
Delakar

Postby warden » Wed May 25, 2011 10:56 am

If you use CLCInfo (similar to clcret or clcprot), you can set up this pretty easily in there. If you don't, I'd reccomend powerauras, as the syntax there is a bit easier than CLCInfo if you're not used to it.

"Don't facepalm at me... Ret paladins don't facepalm each other. Its against the code!" -Anafielle
warden
Maintankadonor

Postby Raeli » Wed May 25, 2011 2:28 pm

I never much Liked Power Auras and it's 5Billion Mb memory usage, having said that, the addon I'm about to recommend isn't exactly the lightest of addons either - Raven. It's a buff addon, it's extremely customisable, if you know of Satrina's Buff Frames (SBF) it's like that, x2 in terms of custimisation. You can add custom notifications too like Power Auras can warn you of random things, or you can track cooldowns, debuffs on any target, buffs, all sorts. I managed to replace quite a few mods when I started using Raven because of this.
Raeli

Postby RedAces » Wed May 25, 2011 2:34 pm

WeakAuras is the now Hotness and the better PowerAuras!
RedAces

Postby Kelaan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:05 am

Thanks, you guys, for introducing is to these tools. For more info on WeakAuras:

Weak Auras: A PowerAuras Replacement

Redaces' post about it in the TJH thread

A topic about showing dynamically updated avoidance numbers

Man, I need to read this forum more often, those look awesome.
Kelaan

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros