Cast on focus target macro

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Cast on focus target macro

Postby Siral » Thu Jan 20, 2011 4:16 am

Since im not really good with macroes (just able to do simple ones) i need help with this macro I need when i'm in my off spec (healer)

I need to write a macro that cast judgment on the target of the tank (that i put out in focus). If there is no target or no focus, it will simple cast judgment on my target or mouseover.

Is it possible?
Siral

Re: Cast on focus target macro

Postby RedAces » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:28 am

hey,

in Patch 3.x this was not possible because casting Judgement always forced you to target a hostile enemy (even /cast [@focus] Judgement forced you to switch targets). Maybe this bug got fixed so this should do the trick:
Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/cast [@focus,harm,nodead][@target,exists][@mouseover]Judgement

It will check if you focus can be harmed and is not dead if all this is true it will cast J on it. If not it will check if your target exists (you can add harm and nodead if you want to have the same conditions as for focus), if true it will cast it on your target. If all fails it will attempt to cast J on your mouseover.

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Re: Cast on focus target macro

Postby Dragondin » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:57 am

RedAces wrote:hey,

in Patch 3.x this was not possible because casting Judgement always forced you to target a hostile enemy (even /cast [@focus] Judgement forced you to switch targets). Maybe this bug got fixed so this should do the trick:

It wasn't fixed. If you cast Judgement on a hostile target, it will switch your target to this enemy.
I have a macro which casts judgement at target of my target and it always switch my target..
Dragondin

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros