Remove Advertisements

Sound on target spellcast.

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Sound on target spellcast.

Postby Arkesh » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:30 am

As the title pretty much says, I'm trying to find an addon that'll go "ping" or "bong" or "Run away little girl" (it doesn't have to actually be any of these) when my target starts casting. I know boss mods do it for certain spells, but I would like one that does it for everything.

I just can't seem to find anything that'll let me do this, currently using quartz for my cast bars. I've had a little poke around with power auras which I'm using for holy power and Inquistion notifications, but I'm hopeless with this addon so have no idea if it'd be possible or not with it.

Anyone using anything that might do the trick?
Arkesh

Re: Sound on target spellcast.

Postby Epimer » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:53 am

MikScrollingBattleText (MSBT) allows you to set conditional triggers, one of which is "Play [sound] on [specified event]". I don't know how general the filter can be set up, but you can certainly set it to play sounds on your target casting a specific spell(s).
Epimer

Re: Sound on target spellcast.

Postby Arkesh » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:52 am

Aha, I had no idea I could set it up to do that, awesome, hopefully I'll get to test it in a heroic before tonight's raid. Thanks.
Arkesh

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros