Special meters on Cata raid bosses

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Special meters on Cata raid bosses

Postby Gabe » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:18 pm

Blizzard did a nice thing and added to the game a new way of displaying boss specific information like the corruption bar on Cho'gall, sound bar on Atramedes and Onyxia's charge bar when you're taking down Nefarion.

These are all neat little touches but I, as well as quite a few others, I'm sure, use a fairly heavily modified UI trough various addons. So these bars aren't showing up for me when I engage the boss.

Thus my question is twofold:

1.) Does anyone have an idea which specific addon might be causing this disappearance or does someone know of some simple test I could use to find it out? Since the meters only appear when engaging the boss and you can hardly start mucking about with your UI during a raid I'm uncertain on how to approach this.

Possible culprits I can think of would be Pitbull, ICEHud, Bartender, Quartz, Satrina Buff Frames and SLDataText.

2.) Is there an addon to easily control the placing of these meters? The answer to this one might be the same to the first question.

Any information would be much appreciated.
Gabe

Re: Special meters on Cata raid bosses

Postby culhag » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:04 am

I have Pitbull Bartender and Quartz and I see the special meters, so you can rule these out.
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby arlen » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:06 am

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/movepowerbaralt/

Allows you to move the boss bars around.
arlen

Postby Chicken » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:51 am

The default position for those meters is pretty low on the screen, and in the middle. Right around the position a lot of people have their unit frames. The most likely culprit for not seeing them is simply that your UI is on top of them.
Chicken

Postby Xkonvikt » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:34 pm

Gabe wrote:Blizzard did a nice thing and added to the game a new way of displaying boss specific information like the corruption bar on Cho'gall, sound bar on Atramedes and Onyxia's charge bar when you're taking down Nefarion.

These are all neat little touches but I, as well as quite a few others, I'm sure, use a fairly heavily modified UI trough various addons. So these bars aren't showing up for me when I engage the boss.

Thus my question is twofold:

1.) Does anyone have an idea which specific addon might be causing this disappearance or does someone know of some simple test I could use to find it out? Since the meters only appear when engaging the boss and you can hardly start mucking about with your UI during a raid I'm uncertain on how to approach this.

Possible culprits I can think of would be Pitbull, ICEHud, Bartender, Quartz, Satrina Buff Frames and SLDataText.

2.) Is there an addon to easily control the placing of these meters? The answer to this one might be the same to the first question.

Any information would be much appreciated.

Pitbull would be the culprit I would lean towards. As ICEHud is just a heads up display that gives you a health, manna bar for yourself and target along with a few other things. Although Quartz is an enemy cast bar and if the blizzard UI considers it a cast bar then it could potentially be quartz. To check if it is quartz just check in the config menu to see if anything has been unchecked. Satrina is just a buff bar it has no bearing on cast bars or timers. and SLDataText is just a remake of FuBar or Titan bar with less memory usage.
Xkonvikt

Postby Gabe » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:52 pm

Chicken wrote:The default position for those meters is pretty low on the screen, and in the middle. Right around the position a lot of people have their unit frames. The most likely culprit for not seeing them is simply that your UI is on top of them.

My problem was apparently this. The few kill videos I watched had the bar moved and thus led me to look for it from the wrong places. Turns out they were simply covered by a panel. The panel was set as a background though.

arlen wrote:http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/movepowerbaralt/
Allows you to move the boss bars around.

This little addon seems to have solved all my problems with a little movable blue square. Haven't had a chance to test it in a raid setting though.

Thanks a ton for all the help.
Gabe

Postby Fetzie » Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:55 pm

from the screenshots I have seen it looks a lot easier to decode the size of the filled up bit, it is kind of important not to be reliant on a judgement call of "is that nearly 50% or just 40% of corruption at cho'gall?", as the standard bar, while extremely pretty, does not present its information in a clear enough manner.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros