Remove Advertisements

DP + HR macro

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

DP + HR macro

Postby Amirya » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:40 am

I'm apparently a macro idiot, so am appealing for help.

I'm looking for a macro that will cast Divine Protection and Holy Radiance, castsequence is fine, they both have a 1 min cooldown, and I prefer using them simultaneously.

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Re: DP + HR macro

Postby Zalaria » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:38 pm

I forget if DP is on the GCD or not, but either way it's pretty straightforward.

DP off gcd, hit it once to cast both:
Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/cast Divine Protection
/cast Holy Radiance

DP on gcd, hit it until both have cast:
#showtooltip
/castsequence Divine Protection, Holy Radiance
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain - It's time to roll the dice
Zalaria
Maintankadonor

Postby d503 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:43 pm

Zalaria wrote:I forget if DP is on the GCD or not, but either way it's pretty straightforward.

DP off gcd, hit it once to cast both:
#showtooltip
/cast Divine Protection
/cast Holy Radiance

DP on gcd, hit it until both have cast:
#showtooltip
/castsequence Divine Protection, Holy Radiance

It's off. Use option 1.
d503

Postby Amirya » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:45 pm

Gah, Monday mornings fuck with my head bad.

Thanks, guys.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby 2Cute2BeStr8 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 7:51 am

Amirya wrote:I'm apparently a macro idiot, so am appealing for help.

I'm looking for a macro that will cast Divine Protection and Holy Radiance, castsequence is fine, they both have a 1 min cooldown, and I prefer using them simultaneously.

I'd strongly advise against this.

Reason being ( you could possibly have mana issues), but sometimes it is not necessary... and ineffective.. like say on Cho'gall during flame orders I like to cast my DP during Flame orders, then use my holy radiance during shadow orders ( whereas my prot pali cotank does a DG). Even if he wasn't doing DG I'd do DG during that shadow auras.

Also, I mean plenty... of other times where using DP is good and there is no raid damage going on... Like I like to use Radiance during the backlashes on Valiona.

It's just a bad idea overall and it is better to learn when to use CD's at appropriate times.
2Cute2BeStr8
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:21 pm

1) I'm not raiding at this time
2) I have no space on my bars
3) You're seriously telling me that on Cho'gall, Flame Orders and Shadow Orders (whatever those might be) are close enough together that a single minute cooldown will make all the difference?
4) Funny enough, I don't use HR for my party damage. I use it for my personal damage, if my health is dropping low enough that I feel the need to use DP, I would always use HR as well.

Honestly, I'm kind of surprised that you're telling me I need to learn when to use cooldowns that last only a minute apiece. It'd be different if I macro'd Ancient Kings and HR, imo.

I'm almost afraid to add that my engineering tinker for my gloves got added to the macro because, again, 1 minute cooldown.

Edit: Also, if I have mana issues, then I have mana issues. So HR doesn't go off, DP does. Big deal.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:38 pm

Different strokes for different folks :)

2Cute2BeStr8 advice is REALLY good and essential skills to have when raiding. But if you're not raiding these kinds of fights I can appreciate the convenience you're after with some macros.

Maybe I can suggest something too?

We're all afraid to admit that we "click buttons with our mouse". But I've got all kinds of stuff I click, Holy Radiance being among them. I also click my healthstone, Blessing of Freedom, and a few other things that I don't typically use ALL THE TIME.

I use a custom bar mod and I've setup a "floating" bar where I tend to put all my random clicking stuff. Maybe that would help you along with the macro's you seek?
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:44 pm

Here's a screenshot where I highlighted some things I click. I'm not embarrassed to admit it. We have too many damn abilities for them all to be hot-keyed!

inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Fri Jan 21, 2011 4:55 pm

Oh, I agree, it is good advice. I suppose it was more surprise that 1 whole minute on cooldowns would make a huge raid breaking effect.

As for clicking, whatever is on my bars that is not hotkeyed, I usually don't use enough to recall the icons on sight. So I have to hunt, and takes far longer and is, for me, less effective.

(I've also stripped addons and mods to a minimum, I had a cluttered look in BC that drove me crazy.)
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Epimer » Sat Jan 22, 2011 5:19 am

#showtooltip Divine Protection
/cast Gift of the Naaru
/cast Divine Protection
/use 10

That's my Divine Protection macro. It isn't perfect, though, since GotN is on the GCD it sometimes doesn't fire (but the two important ones do).

I'm going to parrot the other suggestions about it not being a good idea to macro DP and HR together just because they have the same length cooldown. HR's self healing isn't particularly much but it's excellent when used to counteract group-wide damage. Yes, even in heroics.

As for 1 minute cooldowns being make or break in raids... they really are. We've been running most of our progression kills with 2 healers (I'm starting to sound like a broken record with this fact, sorry) and being able to help out with raid damage with appropriate use of HR from the various non-healing paladins really helps. And, anecdotally, my co-tank tends to eat floor much more often than I do, and the logs tell me that I'm using DP 2-3 times as often per fight as him. Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal, but appropriate use of cooldowns is A Big Deal in raids.

EDIT: as for clicking a couple of things

Switching seals, Divine Plea, Exorcism (never use it), Divine Guardian (!) and Rocket Boosts still don't have keybinds for me, but really I'm being pretty lazy. I could sort those out onto mouse buttons + modifiers. All those Hand spells that look unbound have Clique bindings.
Epimer

Postby Cascadian » Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:30 pm

#showtooltip
/cast Avenging Wrath
/cast Holy Radiance

I linked Avenging Wrath and Holy Radiance for raiding. I did this for two reasons. Very often the mechanics of raids requires the entire raid (or most of us) to stack in the same spot. I typically take that opportunity to pop this macro and heal 25 people. By having AW with HR, the HR healing is 20% more powerful. And while that healing effect is on auto pilot, my damage dealt is also 20%+ for the next 20 seconds. Most raid bosses have a mechanic where I pop that in the first minute and typically get it again off of CD before the end of the fight.

Quite often I am showing up with some amazing healing numbers for the raid while tanking.

I have those 2 spells on their own separate keys as well.
But the combined macro does have a place on my action bar for when we stack during raids.
Cascadian

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros