Remove Advertisements

Hermes: The great messenger of your raid's cooldowns!

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: Hermes: The great messenger of your raid's cooldowns!

Postby celast » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:28 am

dunno if this has been added or not but I cant find it, the option to space the buttons more. if this is already in the addon please show me where , if not is it possible to do?

tonight first raid night with the addon, cant wait to try it out!
celast

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:58 am

default UI tab: Default --> Cells --> the Padding slider
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby inthedrops » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:03 am

Pyrea wrote:default UI tab: Default --> Cells --> the Padding slider

Make sure to apply the fix mentioned a couple posts back as well, or the timer will show on the buttons when it's not supposed to :)

I'm making real good progress on the new UI replacement. Here's my current project plan:

Extend Hermes API:
Release new version of Hermes that contains the API additions required for my new, extremely flexible, easier to maintain, and hopefully less overwhelming UI.

Replace DefaultUI with Buttons Style UI:
This will be the only UI that ships with Hermes moving forward. It'll act just like the current Buttons Style containers shipped with the DefaultUI today (drag and drop, auto-wrapping buttons with tooltips). No more bars!

Make current DefaultUI a separately downloaded plugin:
It will no longer ship with Hermes. Maintain as necessary but no major feature enhancements moving forward.

Introduce new UI
Create a NEW plugin for the new UI I'm working on. Give it a meaningful name. This will be the UI that many of us actually end up using. I should warn you, it'll definitely be less "easy" to configure in regard to setting up spells and the ordering of spells. But it opens up huge opportunities to create true custom "Views" (e.g. Buttons Style, Bars Style, Merged, etc). I'll be able to do pretty much anything without affecting existing Views.

It's more complex mostly due to the capability of having a spell belong to more than one View. This adds some slightly confusing spell setup that doesn't exist today.

Summary:
There are a lot of reasons for this plan. Most have to do with improving first time users quality of life, software maintenance and support, current design constraints, and an improved level of quality moving forward. By breaking things out this way, I will be able to be much more responsive to enhancements and bug fixes without requiring such a significant testing effort.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Dragondin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:56 pm

If you are still interest in screenshots of hermes in other UIs, here is mine:

BR, Aggro Trades and extern Mana CDs are own containers, the remaining spells are in standard container.
Dragondin

Postby inthedrops » Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:08 pm

Dragondin, Is that 3 containers?
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Dragondin » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:21 pm

inthedrops wrote:Dragondin, Is that 3 containers?

4 containers, 3 above of grid and the one with the mana cds below.
Dragondin

Postby inthedrops » Sat Jun 25, 2011 9:16 am

Here's a progress update so you can get a sense for where I'm going. Keep in mind, everything you're seeing below is part of the new UI I'm creating which has a modular approach to displaying data. See my project plan above for what I intend to do with existing UI's.

I have no ETA on anything. Right now, I've only ported the Buttons Style UI to a View, which weeded out most of the design. I haven't touched the Bars yet and they're going to be a pain in the butt.

General Tab:

Spells Tab

View Settings Tab
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Sat Jun 25, 2011 7:36 pm

2 cents for those that know why these two screenshots are exciting :)

inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:40 am

Hide spells without sender means that people not in the group or (possible) in range will not get cooldowns displayed.
Merge spells into one button mean that you only have one button which saves screen estate.

correct?
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby inthedrops » Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:31 am

I was just excited to show that with the new design I can now merge abilities. Apparently this has turned into my Hermes blog. I apologize if it's spammy!
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:17 am

Is the newest version updated to reflect the changes in 4.2?

Fetzie

Postby Treck » Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:29 am

Id still ask for some sort of "shinyness" on CDs after they have been used for the duration of the buff, to more effeciently see when one CD goes out, and you have to get anotherone.
Its annoying keeping it in your head the duration and stuff of all the abilities.
Treck

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:20 pm

Pyrea wrote:Is the newest version updated to reflect the changes in 4.2?

Yes, v2.2 has the changes to automatically work when the patch comes out. Of course, I'll be paying attention closely to any issues.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:25 pm

Treck wrote:Id still ask for some sort of "shinyness" on CDs after they have been used for the duration of the buff, to more effeciently see when one CD goes out, and you have to get anotherone.
Its annoying keeping it in your head the duration and stuff of all the abilities.

I have the basic idea for implementing this.

Let me ask you a quick question. The biggest issue is knowing how long the duration is. How would you feel if you had to manually input the duration values yourself? (once, and only one value can be entered, no fancy autodetection of how long the duration is). If you're ok with that, I can make it happen in a very behind the scenes way.

Of course, you'll probably be progressing in Firelands before I get to it :(
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Fetzie » Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:47 pm

for the bar setup you could have the spell start an x second long timer, and then revert to the remaining cooldown timer. The button setup could have a global cooldown type spiral that displays the buff's remaining duration.

Fetzie

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros