Remove Advertisements

Hermes: The great messenger of your raid's cooldowns!

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: Hermes: The great messenger of your raid's cooldowns!

Postby RedAces » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:13 am

1. No
2. As far as I remember... yes normally hermes did not show something like this
3. no, did the whole run without /rl
4. GridBars
RedAces

Postby inthedrops » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:00 pm

Ran a full raid and didn't see any issues so released 2.3.2

RedAces, I wasn't able to reproduce your issue yet but I'm keeping my eye out for it.

Here are the changes:

Added two new views:
* Bars view: This view is nearly identical to GridBars, but with no need need to specify the number of bars. The advantage is having no wasted screenspace. The disadvantage is slighly fewer layout options.
* Logger view: This acts like a mini chat frame window where spell usage and availability changes are written. It can be used as a reference to determine who is using spells at appropriate times.

Fixed bug:
* Sometimes bars would show transparent when they weren't supposed to.

This is what the Logger view looks like, it's very basic:
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Sun Jul 10, 2011 9:45 pm

No issues all raid with me this evening as well. Sometimes one of the warrior's Rallying Cry would drop out of the display, but I never saw any problems during encounters.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:24 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:No issues all raid with me this evening as well. Sometimes one of the warrior's Rallying Cry would drop out of the display, but I never saw any problems during encounters.

You know what, I saw that myself one night. It's most likely something to do with how I added code so that Rallying Cry and Last Stand share the same cooldown. Thanks for reporting that.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby RedAces » Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:24 am

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6211/wowscrnshot071111135534.jpg

Next day, same error. Upon looking at the cooldown for DivG at the spell monitor, I may see the error! 70940 as base cooldown *may* be wrong? (Is it the spell ID? ^^) Look @ screen above.

EDIT: I did a reset all and rescanned all talents and updated them. Still the same base CD.
RedAces

Postby RedAces » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:44 am

hey,

I really like the idea of the Logger-View, but can you expand on it a little bit please?
  • name the recipient if the spell needs one e. g.
    [Rogue] Tricks @ [Tank]
    [Druide] Rebirth @ [Dead Shammy]
  • Option to toggle off the CD-is-ready msg
  • (Maybe) output to default chatframe?
  • (Maybe) msg when the buff fades? e.g.
    [Rogue] Tricks @ [Tank]
    [Rogue] Tricks @ [Tank] faded

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:56 am

RedAces wrote:http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/6211/wowscrnshot071111135534.jpg

Next day, same error. Upon looking at the cooldown for DivG at the spell monitor, I may see the error! 70940 as base cooldown *may* be wrong? (Is it the spell ID? ^^) Look @ screen above.

EDIT: I did a reset all and rescanned all talents and updated them. Still the same base CD.

Found the bug! I'm such a dummy...

Code: Select all
[62618] = 180,
[6940] = 120,
[61999] = 600,
[70940] = 70940,
[642] = 300,
[33206] = 180,
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:19 am

RedAces wrote:hey,

I really like the idea of the Logger-View, but can you expand on it a little bit please?

Thanks, I threw it out there to get started because I honestly wasn't sure who wanted it and how they wanted it to work. I just knew that there are people that want only logging type functionality. I expected to have to improve on it :)

name the recipient if the spell needs one

Probably going to skip this request. It's my understanding that it's challenging and would open up a new can of worms for me

Option to toggle off the CD-is-ready msg

Easily done, will do.

output to default chatframe?
This makes sense, but I might not do it. The next logical request is "now I want to customize the channel it goes to, I want it to annouce in raid if I'm raid leader, etc." and then it slowly turns into something that other mods simply do better (like ThatJustHappened). I'll throw this on my contemplation plate :)

msg when the buff fades?

I can use the duration metadata for this, I was just lazy and opted not to code it yet. I'll get it added.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:54 am

I don't think TJH can announce CD availability.

Oh, wait, TJH has a time delay, so technically it can. Duh.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:32 am

Hermes has been very successful. It's essentially become the standard for managing raid cooldowns. However, I must quit the game, which means I cannot support the addon anymore on an active basis (I won't have an active account).

I am seeking an author to take over Hermes support. I will provide indefinite support as needed from a consulting or "how does this work?" perspective, but no actual coding.

Please post here or send me a PM if you're serious about taking over Hermes. It's a considerably sized addon with many thousands of lines of code. However, it's pretty stable right now.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby RedAces » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:55 am

Every time I try a new addon - the authors quits! I'm cursed!
In other words:
:(
RedAces

Postby inthedrops » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:04 am

I feel guilty, trust me. However, the way it was coded it *should* last a very long time with just maintenance updates.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:26 am

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. :(

If no one takes over I will do what I can to continue maintenance. I've a programming background, but no LUA experience, although I'm starting to expand TJH a bit, here and there. My limitation is GUI programming, but if it is getting information out of some game string into a format your mod can then use, I can probably handle that.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:29 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Oh no! Sorry to hear that. :(

If no one takes over I will do what I can to continue maintenance. I've a programming background, but no LUA experience, although I'm starting to expand TJH a bit, here and there. My limitation is GUI programming, but if it is getting information out of some game string into a format your mod can then use, I can probably handle that.

I think most of the maintenance now will be CLEU updates, and spell changes now that everyone had me add defaults for everything :)

There are a couple reported bugs out there too (like the disappearing warrior one that I can't replicate reliably) and someone just reported Bloodlust now always showing.

It's a complex addon but I don't think it'll be hard to keep going at all. It would just be hard to add significant features. But to be frank, Hermes is about as feature complete as I would ever have envisioned it to be!
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Epimer » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:42 pm

This is, perhaps unsurprisingly, throwing a shit-ton of errors in 4.3 and had to be disabled to stop things grinding to a shuddering halt.

It's a shame a maintainer wasn't found, I really liked this add-on.
Epimer

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros