Remove Advertisements

Hermes: The great messenger of your raid's cooldowns!

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: Hermes: The great messenger of your raid's cooldowns!

Postby Fetzie » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:48 pm

Have downloaded the new version, will report back after the raid tomorrow evening.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Arees » Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:03 am

Just downloaded off curse... I'll play around with it and try it out at our next raid.
Arees

Postby inthedrops » Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:10 pm

Hermes v2.3 released:
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/hermes.aspx

I've also updated the tutorial videos, it's probably worth checking out even if you're familiar.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:29 pm

Is it possible to have rows for each spell autopopulate based on what is available -- so one row if one person has the spell, or 4 if four people do? Or am I just doing this wrong?

I had to set rows to a static 3 per spell, which obviously looks a little odd; we actually have 4 druids (sometimes 5), and four shaman (sometimes more) so the display isn't showing everything I'd like to know (3 was a reasonable tradeoff between the single line spells and the 4/6 overage deadspace nightmare).
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:07 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Is it possible to have rows for each spell autopopulate based on what is available -- so one row if one person has the spell, or 4 if four people do? Or am I just doing this wrong?

I had to set rows to a static 3 per spell, which obviously looks a little odd; we actually have 4 druids (sometimes 5), and four shaman (sometimes more) so the display isn't showing everything I'd like to know (3 was a reasonable tradeoff between the single line spells and the 4/6 overage deadspace nightmare).

You're not doing it wrong. This request is on the list. I'll be making a new view for this shortly. I notice that a lot of what you're showing however are battle ressez, one thing you can do in the mean time is put all the battle res spells in one container and click the "Merge Spells" checkbox. See this tutorial for how I use it with Raid Cooldowns, but do it for Battle resses instead: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07LZrDBofic

Here's how I have Hermes setup personally:

Ignore all the buttons in the lower right, I'm just testing stuff.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:21 pm

I used to have two boxes, one for BR and one for raid CDs; I've been trying to collapse this into a single column (instead of either the two column or nudge-boxes-around-every-time-raid-makeup-changes approach). I'll just go with the nbaetrmc approach for the nonce.

On the plus side, no errors from last night's raid!

I have another mod (bRez) that keeps track of what resses are up as well; it is nice in that it has a counter for how many have been used in the current fight. I suspect this is probably beyond the scope of your project :]
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Fri Jul 08, 2011 5:23 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:I used to have two boxes, one for BR and one for raid CDs; I've been trying to collapse this into a single column (instead of either the two column or nudge-boxes-around-every-time-raid-makeup-changes approach). I'll just go with the nbaetrmc approach for the nonce.

On the plus side, no errors from last night's raid!

I have another mod (bRez) that keeps track of what resses are up as well; it is nice in that it has a counter for how many have been used in the current fight. I suspect this is probably beyond the scope of your project :]

What does nbaetrmc mean? I googled it and everything, but this old man couldn't figure it out :) bRez is cool, it's one of a handful of addons brave enough to handle Reincarnation.

I'll let you know when I get the new view created that doesn't use the grid (and which has no dead space between spells).

Glad you got no errors. I haven't had any in quite a few builds myself. I do get a bars that lose their foreground color on occasion but I believe I've fixed that bug (just not released yet)
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:02 pm

inthedrops wrote:What does nbaetrmc mean?

How can you NOT know about the nbaetrmc approach!?

Obviously its the "nudge-boxes-around-every-time-raid-makeup-changes approach", and dont you forget it!
Treck

Postby inthedrops » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:59 pm

Treck wrote:
inthedrops wrote:What does nbaetrmc mean?

How can you NOT know about the nbaetrmc approach!?

Obviously its the "nudge-boxes-around-every-time-raid-makeup-changes approach", and dont you forget it!

Hah! Hey, shouldn't you be killing stuff?

I'm starting work on the view now. Not sure how long it'll take.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby Treck » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:17 am

inthedrops wrote:Hah! Hey, shouldn't you be killing stuff?

Actually, it turns out Ragnaros is pretty damn faceroll for the tanks...
Treck

Postby inthedrops » Sat Jul 09, 2011 12:28 pm

@fuzzygeek or anyone interested in trying the new "Bars" view (which shows exactly as many bar as needed) try r164:

http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/hermes/files/148-r164/

The new view is called "Bars". It'll require some tweaking for personal preference but there ya go. I'll push another release after I get a chance to use this in a raid myself. Scrapped together fairly quickly so there may be an issue or two I missed.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:53 pm

Oooo so far looks v solid. If alt raid happens this evening I'll take it for a harder spin.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby inthedrops » Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:59 pm

fuzzygeek wrote:Oooo so far looks v solid. If alt raid happens this evening I'll take it for a harder spin.

Cool, I might push a release earlier if you report no issues. I don't raid until Sunday.

Hey, btw. Can you keep an eye out for this issue please? I am hoping I fixed it in the build you have but it's been somewhat elusive to reproduce:

The issue is that the foreground texture dissapears so the bar ends up looking completely transparent:
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby RedAces » Sun Jul 10, 2011 3:44 am

Doing random Zuls together with my gf (prot pala). Jindo 1 Wipe and killed it the try after. Looking at hermes... divine guardian CD of the prot pala 19min 27sec? I asked her when she used it... she used it during the first wipe. Using the newest revision (r164).

Screenshot attached (look at the top left):
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/3730/wowscrnshot071011124149.jpg
RedAces

Postby inthedrops » Sun Jul 10, 2011 6:44 am

RedAces wrote:Doing random Zuls together with my gf (prot pala). Jindo 1 Wipe and killed it the try after. Looking at hermes... divine guardian CD of the prot pala 19min 27sec? I asked her when she used it... she used it during the first wipe. Using the newest revision (r164).

Screenshot attached (look at the top left):
http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/3730/wowscrnshot071011124149.jpg

A few questions:
1. Is she also using Hermes? Or just you?
2. Does it normally show the correct cooldown value?
3. This is very important: Did you happen to relodui your UI or logout and back in at any point during the run, probably near the point in time where her Divine Guardian would have been used? E.g., during the wipe?
4. Is that the CooldownBars view or another one?

This is a crazy bug. It's actually showing 19 hours and 27 minutes. I'll review the code and see what I can find. This is the first report of an issue of this nature.
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros