Remove Advertisements

WeakAuras - A Power Auras replacement.

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: WeakAuras - A Power Auras replacement.

Postby Kelraja » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:13 pm

I've been playing with this mod today on my priest and have to say I'm loving it. I was mainly interested in the progress bars display (which worked great) but was pleasantly surprised with how the mod handles multiple trigger conditions. I hated the menu UI for the first 1 or 2 auras I set up, but once I got used to it I like it better than PowerAuras' menu as well. Nice work!

edit after 48 hours' use: I feel like an idiot. After setting up 5+ similarly-formatted things, I finally notice the copy-format button. Definitely don't be lazy like me and mouseover everything for the (very nicely done!) tooltips, including those innocuous buttons in the left, main-aura menu section...
Last edited by Kelraja on Mon Nov 22, 2010 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kelraja

Postby inthedrops » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:48 pm

I'll have to check this out soon. It's hard to ignore the positive comments. I used to use Power Auras for a few things but cleaned up my UI a bit and eliminated a lot of "fluff". I'll check this out before cat. Thanks for sharing!!
inthedrops
Maintankadonor

Postby RedAces » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:18 am

hey,

tried it out and the dynamic groups are amazing!!
There is one feature from Power Auras missing in WeakAuras: the CC, Silence, Stun states where a few debuffs are condensed into one debuff type. Is this possible with the custom triggers? Or could you (please^^) add a status for that ?

Bye, RedAces.

EDIT: And filed in a ticket with the soul shard triggers not working (WoWAce Username is Ravengus). Please let me know if you need certain debug infos for this.
EDIT2: Are there triggers for tempory weapon enchants like shaman have?
RedAces

Postby Kelaan » Wed Nov 24, 2010 2:51 pm

As someone who hasn't ever configured power auras before, or used it, how easy is this to configure out of the box? Do you have any presets for things like proc notifications or the like which I can easily tweak, or will I need to add everything from scratch?
Kelaan

Postby RedAces » Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:47 am

hey,

there is no preset, but if you want to add a visual for e.g. the Sacred Duty Procc you do:
1. oben the config /wa
2. Click new Texture
3. Choose a name, lets say sacred duty
4. click "choose" under texture to determine how it should look like
5. Move it where you want to have it
6. go to trigger and type "Sacred Duty" at the aura - textfield
7. PROFIT

That the simplest notification you can make. Now you could add animation to it (like a pulsing effect while its active) or you could prefer a progress bar instead of just a texture etc...

Bye, RedAces.
RedAces

Postby Kelaan » Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:19 pm

Awesome, sir! Thank you.
Kelaan

Postby Jinks » Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:08 am

I started using WA instead of Power Auras and it already replaced another 2-3 addons. I really like the UI and the functionality.
But I discovered one issue that bugs me. I can't seem to be able to use custom sounds. All sounds I've tried to add until now as custom don't work (nothing is played). I've tried to add them as .wav, .ogg or .mp3. Still no go.
Additionally, not even all the sounds in the default list don't get played (stuff with mage ability names like Fingers of Frost, Missile Barrage, etc).

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Adrian
Jinks

Postby Loras » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:51 pm

I really really really like the addon, much more than Power Auras. Still playing with it, but so far found 1 issue that is a bit annoying - I make 2 different strings - a visualization for the Divine Protection duration with a "Progress Texture", the skin being chosen from "PowerAuras Separated" tab, and also a separate timer for just the numerical duration. The "depletion" of the Progress Texture doesn't correspond well enough to the timer, though. It starts depleting 2 secs later, and as a result, gets empty 2 sec before the duration ends and stays there, empty, for 2 more seconds. Any chance you can fit the "depletion" of the texture to be more precise? Just to add, I've tried for example using an Icon instead, and the Icon texture depletes normally and fits the timer.
Thanks!
Loras

Postby Warcraft » Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:49 pm

Axodious, you 400KB avatar makes me want to cry... Here is the same result in 6KB.

Warcraft

Previous

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros