hammer of wrath macro question

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

hammer of wrath macro question

Postby elite » Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:44 am

hi ,

I have been struggling with trying to squeeze Hammer of wrath into my rotation.

I use 5 buttons in my threat rotation, alternating with [Alt]+ 1-5 to use my defensive abilities like divine protection or taunts. for this problem I'm only gonna inform about my threat rotation buttons from 1 to 5

1: Judgment / divine plea
2: Hammer of the Righteous
3: Avenger's shield / avenging wrath
4: Holy wrath / Consecration
5: Shield of the Righteous

I would like to macro Hammers of wrath into my 1st button

along the lines of :

#showtooltip Judgement
/startattack
/cast Divine Plea
/castsequence reset=5 Judgement, Hammer of Wrath
/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()
the idea that HoW > judgment at 20% but currently this macro just stops after using judgment once .. it doesn't reset.

when I use the /castrandom Judgment, Hammer of wrath I get the same problem

It executed judgment and then gets stuck on Hammer of wrath " spell not ready yet "

I have similar macro's setup with reset sequence that do work. only thing I can imagine is that the "Mob must be one 20% heath" trigger for HoW is what is bugging the macro?

any help / information or workable macro would be appreciated
elite

Re: hammer of wrath macro question

Postby Zabkorili » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:03 am

Unless I'm mistaken, you cannot create a macro with a built in "IF / THEN" rule. Blizzard feels it's too close to botting. Castsequences are as close as you can get. If the cooldown on judgement is 8 seconds, why is your reset timer set to 5? Unless you're hitting the macro twice within 5 seconds it won't trigger Hammer of Wrath. Allow time for the GCD.
Zabkorili

Postby elite » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:22 am

Zabkorili wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, you cannot create a macro with a built in "IF / THEN" rule. Blizzard feels it's too close to botting. Castsequences are as close as you can get. If the cooldown on judgement is 8 seconds, why is your reset timer set to 5? Unless you're hitting the macro twice within 5 seconds it won't trigger Hammer of Wrath. Allow time for the GCD.

wel the reset is set to 5 seconds because without a reset the macro got stuck on HoW , so I thought that if i put a reset in of 5 seconds it would go back to the beginning of the cast sequence and cast Judgment, unfortunately it doesn't.

and thats the basic of my problem, I understand that conditional macro's cant be done but I don't see why a cast sequence wont reset after 5 seconds ? or why when I use /randomcast Judmgent, Hammer of wrath I have the same problem ? I would assume Ho gets skipped as its not castable ... and the randomcast sequence takes judgment instead ? unfortunately it has the same problems as cast sequence and keeps "hanging" on HoW and not rotating to judgment anymore
elite

Postby DexterBelgium » Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:00 am

elite wrote:
Zabkorili wrote:Unless I'm mistaken, you cannot create a macro with a built in "IF / THEN" rule. Blizzard feels it's too close to botting. Castsequences are as close as you can get. If the cooldown on judgement is 8 seconds, why is your reset timer set to 5? Unless you're hitting the macro twice within 5 seconds it won't trigger Hammer of Wrath. Allow time for the GCD.

wel the reset is set to 5 seconds because without a reset the macro got stuck on HoW , so I thought that if i put a reset in of 5 seconds it would go back to the beginning of the cast sequence and cast Judgment, unfortunately it doesn't.

and thats the basic of my problem, I understand that conditional macro's cant be done but I don't see why a cast sequence wont reset after 5 seconds ? or why when I use /randomcast Judmgent, Hammer of wrath I have the same problem ? I would assume Ho gets skipped as its not castable ... and the randomcast sequence takes judgment instead ? unfortunately it has the same problems as cast sequence and keeps "hanging" on HoW and not rotating to judgment anymore

Two things: 1. randomcast was changed, precisly to block "cast whatever's off cooldown" macro's. It now really casts something random, and if that cast wasn't successful, it will retry that cast until it is. So that won't help you.

2. as said above, your reset time of five seconds is too short: if you hit: macro (cast judge) <1.5secGCD> CS <1.5secGCD> AS <1.5secGCD> CS <1.5 sec> SHoR <1.5secGCD> CS <1.5secGCD> MACRO (more than 5 sec. have past, so reset to judgement)

What you want: "prioritise one spell over another if it is available" cannot be done, unfortunately, unless the only reason for the spell not being available is a fixed cooldown on it (in which case you can work with a castsequence). In that way, it used to be possible to macro AS and HoW (priortising AS), because the only reason for AS not being available was the 30s cooldown on it. That macro could/can, for instance, not be adapted to take advantage of GrC procs.

Blizz put procs and variables in precisely to make you think. Any macro that "solves" that problem, is game-breaking in their eyes, and will not work (long).
DexterBelgium

Postby mclem » Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:08 pm

Assuming Divine Plea isn't now off the GCD - sorry if I'm wrong on this, I've certainly not heard anything about it - isn't *it* going to be dominating this macro and being the ability which it attempts to fire off most often?
mclem

Postby elite » Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:52 pm

So there is no workable macro which incorporates Hammer of Wrath and other ability / abilities ?

guess I have no choice but to assign it to an extra button , guess they want us to have 1é fingers on each hand lol
elite

Postby Darkler » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:00 am

Cant you just use an other modifier for the hammer?

Like:

#showtooltip Judgement
/startattack
/cast [nomod] Judgement
/cast [mod:ctrl] Divine Plea
/cast [mod:alt] defensive cooldown/taunt
/cast [mod:shift] Hammer of Wrath

If you want to see the cd of HoW just put the skill on an other button, which you can look at but dont use for pushing, or use an addon, like tellmewhen.
Darkler

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros