Grid n' such.

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Grid n' such.

Postby Sharkdog » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:50 pm

Since Grid doesn't seem to be working properly with the new patch (myself, I can't get it to run at all right now), I'm pretty much in the market for a new 'Party' or 'Raid' frame that emulates the same functionality.

I especially need it to work nicely with Clique, because I currently feel a bit naked without the combination of Grid+Clique, and because I'm too stupid to figure out how to make Clique work nicely with the standard Blizzard party frames without impairing the ability to right click on these to get to the menu :P
I mainly used Grid+Clique to be able to keep better track of who has aggro, and to be able to throw Righteous Defense at people willy nilly with one click of a button.

Anyone have any good suggestions?
Trebeck
Protection Paladin
Hellfire-EU

"Fighting all the evil forces, bringing peace and justice to all!"
Sharkdog

Re: Grid n' such.

Postby Dasphunk » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:45 pm

Grid works. Download the newest update from Wowace.com. You also need Ace3 for grid to work, so download that as well. It will work now.

If your grid display doesn't work right, go to profiles and create a new profile.
Dasphunk

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:13 am

Dasphunk wrote:Grid works. Download the newest update from Wowace.com. You also need Ace3 for grid to work, so download that as well. It will work now.

If your grid display doesn't work right, go to profiles and create a new profile.

Holy shit THANK YOU. I greatly dislike the new ingame raid frames and miss Grid terribly.

Do you know if it will replace the awful in game raid frames that I can't seem to get rid of?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Dianora » Fri Oct 15, 2010 6:18 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Dasphunk wrote:Grid works. Download the newest update from Wowace.com. You also need Ace3 for grid to work, so download that as well. It will work now.

Holy shit THANK YOU. I greatly dislike the new ingame raid frames and miss Grid terribly.

Do you know if it will replace the awful in game raid frames that I can't seem to get rid of?

Ha! I don't even know what the default raid UI looks like. I think Pitbull disabled it by default.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Shoju » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:06 am

You don't like the in game raid frames? Man... I LOVE THEM. I wish that the sizing options would allow them to be just a *little* shorter, but other than that? I'm not even going to bother trying to get new raid frames anymore.

I also hate grid. I used /SuF for my Unit frames prior, and have since moved to /sTuF for my personal and target frames, and will check out their raid frames if they ever get them working.
Shoju

Postby Nikachelle » Fri Oct 15, 2010 9:18 am

The fact that you can't even make them HORIZONTAL is a major fucking problem, for starters.

Other than that, they get cluttered, they're clunky and not exactly raid friendly.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby theothersteve7 » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:05 am

I highly recommend trying Vuhdoo. It was recommended to me by a healer friend, and it's basically a more intuitive combination of Clique and Grid. I'm never going back, myself.
Moo.
theothersteve7

Postby fuzzygeek » Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:53 am

default raid frames go to all kinds of shit when you start adding MT and MA etc. Is dumb.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Shoju » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:04 pm

I didn't have any problems with them. Might be my position for my raid frames.

The bottom /center of my UI looks like this
Code: Select all
|-----Pet Unit frame|               /\             <- my legs
|-----Pet Action bar|              /  \
{My Focus} |My frame|  |raid group1|  |raid group2| |target| {Target's Target}
           |My frame|  |raid group1|  |raid group2| |target|   
                       |raid group1|  |raid group2|           

Underneath that I have my action bars, left side is my chat frame / Omen Right side has Minimap + Skada.

I found that the best setup overall since I use the same UI setup for all three roles.

I don't use Class Colors, I use curable Debuffs, and only my buffs shown.
Shoju

Postby Sharkdog » Fri Oct 15, 2010 3:39 pm

Thanks guys, I'll definitely have a look at VuhDo and maybe even check out Stuf.
I also see Grid has been updated, so I might fiddle with that again as well.

The new Blizzard Raid frames are interesting, and they look fine to me. I haven't experienced them in a full raid yet though, and I'm also annoyed at not being able to make them horizontal.
Trebeck
Protection Paladin
Hellfire-EU

"Fighting all the evil forces, bringing peace and justice to all!"
Sharkdog

Postby boombeef » Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:13 pm

If you like the default Blizz raid frames, might check this addon for it:
Smaller Blizzard Raid Frames

Configures through the regular raid interface frame too. Virtually no overhead.
boombeef

Postby Arees » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:47 am

You do not need to download ACE3 at all. Ace is nothing but a framework and is only useful to you if you are developing addons.
The ace libraries that grid requires is embedded and is downloaded along with grid when you download grid. Check your grid folder and you'll see a folder called Libs that contains all the Ace3 libraries grid needs to run.
Arees

Postby Nikachelle » Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:34 am

Does it remove the godawful built-in raid frames?
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Autofollow » Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:10 pm

The only way I've seen so far to disable the new default raid frames is to run this command:

/run CompactRaidFrameManager:UnregisterAllEvents() CompactRaidFrameManager:Hide() CompactRaidFrameContainer:UnregisterAllEvents() CompactRaidFrameContainer:Hide()

The problem is that every time you restart your game the raid frames are back. This is by no means a permanent solution, but I know you can make a macro of it. Someone smarter than me could probably find a way to stick it into an addon I bet.
Autofollow

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:46 am

Using that macro every time I want to raid is a small price to pay for having Grid back.

God I love me some Grid. I finally installed it last night and could've wept tears of joy.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros