Macro Sticky

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: Macro Sticky [[4.x]]

Postby Turp » Sat Dec 25, 2010 2:46 am

Although some may find this style of macro controversial, it works. Much as the old 969 style macros did pre-4.0x. I borrowed the original idea for these macro from other locations and modified them some; others are commonly used.

-For all of these macros, just select the question-mark "?" icon at the start of the icon list. The icon will change for you as you use the macros.

This is Macro 1-AOE/general use.
#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence [mod:alt] Hammer of Wrath; reset=3 Hammer of the Righteous, Judgement, Hammer of the Righteous, Avenger's Shield, Hammer of the Righteous, Shield of the Righteous
/cast Avenging Wrath

This is Macro 1-Single target use.
#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence [mod:alt] Hammer of Wrath; reset=3 Crusader Strike, Judgement, Crusader Strike, Avenger's Shield, Crusader Strike, Shield of the Righteous
/cast Avenging Wrath

This is Macro 2. (inquisition can be replaced with word of glory or sotr; also remove AT or replace if not a BE.)
#showtooltip
/startattack
/castsequence [nomod] reset=15 Holy Wrath, Hammer of the Righteous, Consecration, Word of Glory
/cast [nomod] Arcane Torrent
/cast [mod:alt] Divine Plea
/cast [mod:alt] Inquisition

The bases of this macro is setup around being talented into Grand Crusader. (20% chance to reset AS with cs or hotr use) You spam macro 1 until avengers shield is on a long cooldown from grand crusader not proc'ing; when this happens you will have 2 holy power.

You then spam macro 2 until you have no holy power remaining & macro 1 will be reset to start fresh. Would recommend being talented into Guarded by the Light or replacing WoG at the end of the 2nd macro with sotr.

I would also recommend having Glyph of Focused shield to do more AS damage and not hit extra targets with macro 1 for single target (also do not use macro 2, since it is aoe with macro 1 single target.) There are some pulls where you just do not want to hit extra targets. Also note that these macros have on alt press modifier uses.

Use of these macros still requires an understanding of your class to play properly, you can not just mindlessly spam these. There are many situations where you need more aoe or need to break the macro by using AS and/or improved judgement to pull targets to you. Don't just taunt and run in, be mindful of how your abilities work!

This macro uses HoF and both trinkets, a 1 button "oh crap" button.
#showtooltip
/cast Hand of Freedom
/use 13
/use 14

Yet another "oh crap" button. Press it once to active DS, again to turn it off.
#showtooltip
/cancelaura Divine Shield
/cast Divine Shield
This will free you from almost anything, but you will drop all threat; be sure to taunt and reacquire the mob immediately if used.

This is a 1 button taunt. Target a mob to taunt with HoR; target a friendly target to taunt off them with RD.
#showtooltip
/cast [help] Righteous Defense; Hand of Reckoning

This is a general use focus macro.
/focus [target=mouseover,exists][exists]
/stopmacro [target=mouseover,exists][exists]
/clearfocus
It will focus your target, if no target exists it focuses you mouse over target. If a focus does exist and pressed again, it will clear your focus.

This is an oldschool mount macro that puts up crusader aura when mounting and dev. aura when dismounting.
/cast [nomounted] !Crusader Aura
/cast [nomounted, noflyable] Summon Charger; [nomounted, flyable] Bronze Drake;
/cast [mounted] !Devotion Aura
/dismount [mounted]
I have this modified in-game to also work with the seahorse, i am sure this can be scripted easier. If you do use this replace mount names with your mounts.

I have some other macros i use also, but this is the basics of what i am using at the moment.

What do you all think of these?
There are those who say this style of macro takes away from playing the game, but there are those who mouse click, those who key-spam and those who prefer heavy macro use; as-well as a mixture of the 3.
Turp

Targeting Macro

Postby Dianora » Sat Dec 25, 2010 8:50 am

/targetexact [nodead] The Abominable Greench
/run if GetRaidTargetIndex("target")~=6 then SetRaidTarget("target",6)end

Change The Abominable Greench to whatever you're looking for, and it'll target the live target and place a square symbol on it. You can also add a line of instant spell like Judgement.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Sur-Pseudo » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:26 am

Chloe, Hope you update the first post at some point, would hate for these macro's to get burried so deep in the thread where people probably wont look for them >.>

Guardian of Ancient Kings, spamable (without spammed announcement) --
Code: Select all
#showtooltip
/run if not timeElapsed or GetTime() > timeElapsed + 3 then SendChatMessage("~~~ 50% BUBBLE WALL ATTEMPTED ~~~ (18 Second Duration)", "RAID") timeElapsed = GetTime() end
/cast Guardian of Ancient Kings

For the above:
"timeElapsed + 3" ----- Change "3" to any number in seconds you want before it attempts to resend the chat message
SendChatMessage -- Change text in first set of Quotes ("") to what you want sent to the chat channel noted in the 2nd set of quotes (e.g. "RAID" or "SAY")

Using that posted code and the info given, you can make macro's for all CD's you might spam out of habit, or "zomg go off as soon as you're off CD I need you right now!"

Another Example, using Rebuke to Say:
#showtooltip Rebuke
/run if not timeElapsed or GetTime() > timeElapsed + 8 then SendChatMessage("INTERRUPT, 10 sec CD", "SAY") timeElapsed = GetTime() end
/cast Rebuke

I put timeElapsed at 8 seconds... I want to make sure it's ready to send the message by the 10th second, but filter out anything in between (think, Nef phase 2).. I figure 2 seconds is enough for any lag/script time.. I would not trust 10 seconds, and I'm not sure how safe 9 seconds is.. so 8 is my chosen number, you can change it to what you like.

Personall I use this macro for:
Divine Protection
Guardian of Ancient Kings
Divine Guardian
Ardent Defender
Rebuke
Pull

Which reminds me:
#showtooltip Exorcism
/run if not timeElapsed or GetTime() > timeElapsed + 9 then SendChatMessage("PULL IN ~4 seconds", "RAID_WARNING") timeElapsed = GetTime() end
/castsequence reset=60 Divine Plea, Inquisition, Avenging Wrath, Exorcism

I'm not sure if that was posted already, I was really looking for the run/timer macro and didn't see that before, not sure if this thread has the pull macro yet.

Anyway, the macro I use says ~4 seconds, even though unhasted it can take up to 4.5 seconds... However with lag and visual reaction time to seeing the message, it gives people a (hopefully) slightly (very slightly) more delayed pull then expected.. Helpful for pre-cast or pre-pot raiders.. and lets you spam the crap out of the macro to pull
Sur-Pseudo

Postby Era » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:12 pm

Hey there!

I've got two macros I was wondering if someone could take a look at for me. One is for avoidance and the other is for calculating dodge/parry rating numbers.

I found the avoidance one on this forum, and the other through some Googling, but I don't know anything about the macro coding and they might be outdated, so I'd very much like to know if they would produce correct numbers!

Avoidance
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage, 85.1 unbuffed. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5))

Parry/Dodge
/run local _,strength = UnitStat("player",1); ChatFrame1:AddMessage(format("Dodge rating should be this much higher than parry while unbuffed: %.2f",(strength * 0.05 + 549 * 1.05) * 0.27))

I'd also like to know if they'd stay correct in 4.2, at least if we presume there won't be any further changes to our class and the general mechanics?
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Fetzie » Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:43 am

You can verify the first one by simply adding up your avoidances and block chance (don't forget the 5% miss) and seeing if you get the same number, which you should. The second one looks OK too.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Chicken » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:32 am

The second one is actually only meant for use in 4.2 and isn't accurate for now in 4.1.
Chicken

Postby Era » Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:46 am

Pyrea wrote:You can verify the first one by simply adding up your avoidances and block chance (don't forget the 5% miss) and seeing if you get the same number, which you should. The second one looks OK too.

Aye, already done the maths and it seems to work fine. Just making sure! ^^

Chicken wrote:The second one is actually only meant for use in 4.2 and isn't accurate for now in 4.1.

And yeah, I'm aware, sorry if my wording in the original post was misleading. :)

Thanks guys!
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fuelled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby Kahlan » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:37 pm

This has probably been asked already but not finding the answer.
Im normally a healer so tend to use grid and clique but I have started tanking recently and used the addon =Tauntmaster but im fed up with having tauntmaster and grid+clique so thought I would sort out the macros to tank on clique but im unable to setup one for Hand of Reckoning that works with grid + clique any help please.

Kahlan
Kahlan

Postby Fetzie » Thu Jul 07, 2011 6:55 pm

Hand of Reckoning is a spell cast on hostile units. I guess you could try

/cast [@mouseover,nodead,harm]Hand of Reckoning
but I don't see how you would use this on your Grid. You can, however, use Righteous Defense together with Grid+Clique, as it is a spell cast on friendly units (mostly players, but enemies attacking friendly NPC will often also react to it)
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Kahlan » Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:00 pm

Yeah I understand that and was confused myself its just Tauntmaster was able to do it but that is out of date now and playing up.
Nevermind worked it out myself with grid+clique it's:- /cast [target=mouseovertarget] Hand of Reckoning

tested and works
Thanks for your advice though
Kahlan
Kahlan

Postby Winkle » Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:24 am

Kahlan wrote:Yeah I understand that and was confused myself its just Tauntmaster was able to do it but that is out of date now and playing up.
Nevermind worked it out myself with grid+clique it's:- /cast [target=mouseovertarget] Hand of Reckoning

tested and works
Thanks for your advice though
Kahlan

How on earth is that macro working? As far as i can tell you're just attempting to taunt one of your own raid members unless your grid shows focus targets or the like.
Winkle

Postby Torias » Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:08 am

"mouseovertarget" means the "Target of mouseover". It's like saying @targettarget, for "Target of target".
Torias

Postby Tenvelden » Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:14 pm

Era wrote:Avoidance
/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage, 85.1 unbuffed. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5))

This macro is good to find your total mitigation and the goal is 102.4. But I know of no buff that will magically get you from 85.1 all the way up to 102.4. This is misleading and wrong.
Tenvelden

Postby jere » Sun Dec 11, 2011 5:56 pm

Tenvelden wrote:
Era wrote:Avoidance

This macro is good to find your total mitigation and the goal is 102.4. But I know of no buff that will magically get you from 85.1 all the way up to 102.4. This is misleading and wrong.

The post you quoted was from back in April, when it was probably true. I would suggest reporting any post so a moderator can fix it. A simple "hey I think this might be out of date now" in the report message will probably work.
jere

Postby JU1CYFRU1T » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:08 am

Sorry for bringing this thread back from the dead... but I didn't want to start a new one when my question is about a macro (and there is a macro sticky).

I am trying to find a LoH macro that I saw once upon a time, and for the life of me I can't find it again.

I am looking for a macro that will cast LoH on my focus target (if I have one) and if I don't have one, it will cast LoH on myself. We are currently re-working through heroics with a new group, and since LoH doesn't trigger a stack from the Purple on Yorsaj, I want to be able to LoH our Bear while I'm playing Ret.

I, personally, HATE modifiers, because then I have to rely on something that isn't in my muscle-memory in order to save the tank. I'd rather it just be a one button, no 'thought' type action. I tried looking it up on several different forums, and other info sites, but I can't find the one I'm looking for. From what I remember, it looked like this:
#showtooltip Lay on Hands
/cast [target=focustarget][] Lay on Hands
/targetlasttarget

I don't know if that is right, but when I try to use it, it isn't working correctly. What am I missing?
JU1CYFRU1T

PreviousNext

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros