Remove Advertisements

Post Your Interface

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: Post Your Interface [[4.x]]

Postby Jaysal » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:25 am

Epimer wrote:
Jaysal wrote:If you read my labels in the SS youd know all this before criticizing.. :roll:

Your original screenshots didn't have a target of target frame visible or a place for one labelled. I'm not psychic!

The "reactive use of cooldowns" bit was mostly with things like Lay on Hands or Healthstones (or, these days, Word of Glory) in mind, rather than Ardent Defender or Divine Protection. I think leaving your own health bar entirely in the hands of healers is a bit selfish; unexpected things will happen, and it's nigh-impossible to time effective LoH/Healthstone/WoG usage without knowing your own health at all times.

Anyway, I do like the debuff display. Is it filtered?

I'd be interested to see an in-raid (at least in-combat) screenshot. Uncluttered UIs are easy to set up in Dalaran, it's the addition of raid frames/boss mods/nameplates etc. that start to clutter things up.

The debuffs are aptus aura frames and yes its filtered.

Like i said I'm not "leaving my health bar entirely to the healers" I can see it just fine in target of target. I've been tanking for 5 years I know when I'm taking heavy damage I dont need a big health bar to tell me that. In my history of raiding I've found LoH to usually be worthless in my guild.. We are either doing a fight correctly and the healers have it completely under control.. Or LoH never gets pressed before you go splat or before its a matter of too many other key players being down without a battle rez.

As far as WoG.. Again.. despite popular belief I CAN see my health bar in 2 places on the screen just fine, but I think WoG is most effective when talented and used to create over healing bubbles on yourself before heavy damage boss mechanics. But It's fine if other people use this diff no judgement or criticism. WoG is kind of up in the air anyway until we see how it scales.. It could be a joke at lvl 85 when we all have 150k hp.

The only other difference for raiding is that if its a 25 man i turn on grid which is a lot more compact than blizzard raid frames. I usually don't even run omen unless its a fight where threat is an issue... New bosses are an exception with that but after the first few times tanking somethign I know whats going on. IMO People rely much too heavily on addons.. Not to sound cocky cause i definitely dont think im the best tank ever or something but.. after 5 years of playing 1 toon always prot.. Theres a lot I can get by without heavy addon assistance.
Jaysal

Postby Jaysal » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:21 pm

Woops.. I thought this forum auto combined double posts.. sorry!

Not really happy with the button facades but I think it pushes it in the right direction as far as making the screen appear less cluttered. Circles are nice but i think they hide the icons a bit much. I think I'll try the darion ones Towelliee is using.

I went back to default frames now that MoveAnything is again working for me. Move anything is great for keeping addon memory low (I'm currently at like 5mb total addon memory)

Not one to be stubborn I'm going to try a bigger player frame to see if it affects my gameplay at all.

This UI won't last much longer anyway as its getting a heavy overhaul when my new Razer Naga comes in the mail.. Going from a 2 button mouse to like 15 buttons will be a huge improvement. primary spells will all remain keybound but cd's trinkets etc are all going onto mouse button binds with the thumb buttons.
Jaysal

Postby Aurelie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:17 pm

Jaysal wrote:Woops.. I thought this forum auto combined double posts.. sorry!...

I see you mentioning you don't like your unitframes or button facade style. Here are a few shots of an old UI of mine that's a similar concept. I thought it may give you some ideas.
Idle ToT
Clean Raid
Raid (I made some major tweaks to this one with SCT placement, truncation and positioning, but unfortunately I can't find a ss of it after those changes were made.)

Hope that helps!
Aurelie
Maintankadonor

Postby Raeli » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:51 pm

Image Image Image Image

First image is idling in Ironforge.
Second, in a raid, out of Combat.
Third and Fourth are in combat, third showing enemy cast bar above my target (covers Target of Target health, but not their name)
Fourth just better shows name plates, though their borders are bugged atm, and showing vertical lines atm, but not usually.

Some things are not visible as such, such as boss timers, omen (located to the right of Grid, in a similar style to Skada, shown to the left of Grid)

The buttons either side of the clock are faded out of combat, (show on mouseover), only for things I haven't managed to keybind yet.

Buffs in the top right are filtered not to show buffs that are shown as bars above my own unit frame. The bars above my unit frame show short buffs such as Divine Protection, Hands, trinkets etc. The bars below my unit frame are Cooldowns, and current self missing buffs. Bars in the top left are missing raid bufs (only visible in a raid). Bars under enemy units are my Debuffs.

Addons
AzCastBar
Aloft - (Nameplates)
Bartender 4
BigWigs
ButtonFacade
ButtonFacade: *Shadow* (There are 2 faded bars, one on either side of the clock. They have stuff like Conjured Food, buttons for equipment swapping. Not useful to be always shown or keybound)
ButtonFacade: Caith (On the buffs)
Chinchilla Minimap (Just the minimap, not the text on it)
Class Colors
eePanels2
Grid
GridIndicatorCornerIcons
GridManaBars
GridStatusRaidIcons
HolyTrinity (Holy Power bar only) - SoulBurned on my Warlock, looks the same, except purple, also only use for Soul Shard bar.
LittleWigs
Mapster
Omen3
OneBag3
OneBank3
OneRing3
oPie (For Raid Marks, Raid Flares, Auras, Seals & Blessings, Tradeskills)
oRA3
Parrot (Not Visible, I'll add a screenshot later in combat)
Pitbull Unit Frames 4.0
Postal
Prat
RatingBuster
Raven
RSA - Raeli's Spell Announcer
Shared Media
Skada
SL Data Text (Modified to also show Date seperate to time)
tekJunkSeller
TipTac
xLoot
xLoot Group
xLoot Master
xLoot Monitor
Last edited by Raeli on Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:11 am, edited 5 times in total.
Raeli

Postby Aurelie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:54 pm

Raeli wrote:Image Image

First image is idling in Ironforge.
Second, in a raid, out of Combat...

You're going to have to upload the images to a site like Photobucket or Imageshack. Looks like they're restricted to members of that forum.
Aurelie
Maintankadonor

Postby Raeli » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Should work now!
Raeli

Postby Jaysal » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:56 am

Raeli wrote:Should work now!

Nice UI, However that RSA addon would drive me crazy in towns unless theres some sort of resting option on it.

I updated my UI quite heavily.. I figured out that if you scale your UI down in you blizzard advanced video options.. Blizzard raid frames becomes a very legit unit frame option, even in 40 man raids!

Jaysal

Postby Slavke » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:17 pm

Finished most of my tweaks for 4.01, though I still feel like I could mess with it some more.

In combat, on a dummy: http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg393/Ermorer/WoWScrnShot_110410_181240.jpg?t=1288908884

Out of combat, on a horse: http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg393/Ermorer/WoWScrnShot_110410_181310.jpg?t=1288908884

Giant icon in the center in the combat screen shot only appears with 3 holy power, though I'm getting used to holy power enough that I should be able to remove that power aura soon.
Slavke

Postby Jaysal » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:10 pm

Slavke wrote:Finished most of my tweaks for 4.01, though I still feel like I could mess with it some more.

In combat, on a dummy: http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg393/Ermorer/WoWScrnShot_110410_181240.jpg?t=1288908884

Out of combat, on a horse: http://i541.photobucket.com/albums/gg393/Ermorer/WoWScrnShot_110410_181310.jpg?t=1288908884

Giant icon in the center in the combat screen shot only appears with 3 holy power, though I'm getting used to holy power enough that I should be able to remove that power aura soon.

Wait where is your toon in the first screenshot? -_- jkjk
Jaysal

Postby Raeli » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:13 am

Jaysal wrote:Nice UI, However that RSA addon would drive me crazy in towns unless theres some sort of resting option on it.

There's options to determine how often to warn. I always would forget RF, so it's set to warn a LOT for myself :P

Updated my original post with a couple more screenshots....
Raeli

Postby Jaysal » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:33 am

Raeli wrote:
Jaysal wrote:Nice UI, However that RSA addon would drive me crazy in towns unless theres some sort of resting option on it.

There's options to determine how often to warn. I always would forget RF, so it's set to warn a LOT for myself :P

Updated my original post with a couple more screenshots....

Are all those CD timers in your ss's your RSA addon? youve peaked my interest with those.
Jaysal

Postby Raeli » Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:17 pm

No all of the timer bars on screen relating to auras (and the icons in the top right, and the notifications of missing buffs) all come from Raven. It's an amazing addon.

RSA atm simply deals with text notifications, most of it is for announcing my own cooldowns to the raid/party/target/whatever Like when I use Divine Protection etc, to easier chain or not waste cooldowns and what not. Taunt resists, successful or resisted interrupts etc. I added the little spell reminder bit to it mainly so I could drop another different addon, as it's not too far outside of it's scope, basically just so that I would stop forgetting Righteous Fury, but as I say, that reminder part is just a small part of it.

But anyhow, as I say, the addon with the bars is Raven. It only shows Crusader strike in my setup, as HotR and it share cooldowns, silly to have 2 lines notify the same cooldown. Also, the cast bar is from AzCastBar and not Raven, just in case there is any thought it might be :P
Raeli

Postby Aurelie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:16 pm

Raeli wrote:But anyhow, as I say, the addon with the bars is Raven. It only shows Crusader strike in my setup, as HotR and it share cooldowns, silly to have 2 lines notify the same cooldown.

All of those bars seem to make things a bit cluttered. Have you looked into anything like ForteXorcist cooldown bar at all? Seems like it would free up some screen real estate for you. I stumled across it and haven't looked back. It's the bar under my UF's here.
Aurelie
Maintankadonor

Postby Raeli » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:37 pm

I've already tried it. I used Forte's Spell Timer for a long long time, but I could never get used to the cooldowns, I often found myself just spending too long looking at it to see what my cooldowns were for it to be effective for me. I find seperate bars help me see much more than icons, or a single bar like that.

The Raven bars replaced several addons thtt I used to use, having bars in the same place, they all used to be slightly transparent. I just quite frankly hadn't noticed that I hadn't done that until I had a proper look after your comment :P
Raeli

Postby Veritias » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:56 pm

This was taken 5 days after 4.0.1 release

Shadowed unitframes
KGpanels
Bagnon
DXE
Recount
Omen
Bartender
Decursive