Remove Advertisements

constructing a macro

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

constructing a macro

Postby coldthing » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:05 am

i figured i would put this here since it is cata and 4.0 related. feel free to move it if i'm mistaken

so i've been playing around on the ptr and i've run into a problem now that i have crusader strike and holy wrath as regular parts of my playing. i'm running out of buttons.

i'm bad with macros. most of mine are limited to /startattack macros

but i'm trying to bind crusader strike and hammer of the righteous to the same button to save space since their pretty much the same thing and serve the same purpose in my *ahem* rotation. they also share a cooldown so theres no point in having them on different buttons to get confused with.

/cast [mod:alt] Crusader Strike; [mod:shift] Hammer of the Righteous;

did i say i was bad at macros? yeah...
coldthing
Maintankadonor

Re: constructing a macro

Postby KysenMurrin » Fri Oct 01, 2010 7:53 am

There's no need to have a mod key on both spells as you can just have one spell up as default whenever you're not pressing the modifier. Go for:

/cast [mod:shift] Hammer of the Righteous; Crusader Strike

Change the modifier as you see fit. That'll cast CS when you puch the button usually, HotR when you hold the mod key.

Be careful when using modifier keys - make sure the default keybindings have been removed, as by default Alt is self-cast, Shift+number is action bar paging, and Ctrl+number is the pet bar.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Re: constructing a macro

Postby dmok » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:53 am

I should also add that for convenience sake, you don't even have to specify a specific modifier if you're not including more abilities.

ie
/cast [mod:Shift] Hammer of the Righteous; Crusader Strike
/cast [mod] Hammer of the Righteous; Crusader Strike

Work the same .. except the 2nd one ALSO casts HotR when you have alt, or ctrl held down.
There ain't no pirate like a Mead Hall Pirate

Mead Hall Pirates - The Scryers US
Dmor: 80 Prot Paladin | Dmok: 80 MM Hunter | Dmos: 80 Disc Priest | Dmoz: 80 Unholy DK
dmok

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros