Mailbox Managing Mod.

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Mailbox Managing Mod.

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:59 pm

For some time now ive been using 'Postal'
Is a decent mod.
Few bugs and pretty useful.

However its got a 'limitation' in that it only allows you to retrieve 50 units of mail in go.
Then have to wait 60sec for the next 50.

Anyone know of a good mod similar to postal without this limitation?
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Re: Mailbox Managing Mod.

Postby amh » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:05 pm

That limitation is a game issue, not an addon issue. :(

I use Mail Opener. Takes just as much time, but lets you go afk for the process.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Postby masterpoobaa » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:48 pm

Ok kewl.
Ty for the quick reply :)
Ellifain @ Khaz'Goroth does not approve of torture, save where there's experience/rep/loot involved.
masterpoobaa

Location: Brisbane, Australia, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Universe.

Postby Kelaan » Fri Aug 06, 2010 2:10 pm

Using /console ReloadUI will usually refresh your list of mail. Some common mods alias this as /reloadui or /rl .
Kelaan

Postby _Chloe » Fri Aug 06, 2010 6:30 pm

Kelaan wrote:Using /console ReloadUI will usually refresh your list of mail. Some common mods alias this as /reloadui or /rl .

/rl should work by default now
_Chloe

Postby Digren » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:16 am

I know in beta /reload ui (with the space) works with no addons. I haven't tried /rl.

Anyway, yeah Postal is decent. I also have Auctionator installed, which adds a mail countdown timer to the big round mailbag image in the upper-left corner of your mail window. This helps count down to when you can get your mail again without having to keep clicking on the mail box to get the text dumped into chat.

Something - maybe Auctionator? - has a feature where it can auto refresh the mailbox and get the rest of your mail. It still has to wait the full 60 seconds, but you can afk and make a sandwich while it's grabbing everything. I don't use it now but will consider doing so in Cata when I refresh my addon choices.
Digren

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros