Remove Advertisements

LDB_ReadyCheck

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

LDB_ReadyCheck

Postby Digren » Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:44 pm

I've tinkered with a few addons when necessary, but this is the first one that I ostensibly wrote.

What it does
This addon placed a button on your data broker bar that, when pressed, generates a ready check in your raid. That's it.

Why
I wanted a button to press to cause a ready check. I had one before from the right-click menu of Fubar_LuckyCharms, but the only one I could find in data broker format was RaidReadyCheck, which has a lot of features I didn't want, is broken, and is unsupported.

I get my response data through my raid member unit frames (i.e. Grid), so I don't need this addon to check or collate the response. It's just a button. It's about 10 lines of code since LDB handles most of the effort.

How can you help
As was noted, this is the first addon I wrote. I based in on the portion of RaidReadyCheck that implemented its similar feature. I think I have included all the required addons and it does work fine on my computer, but I would appreciate it if someone out there who uses a broker bar could install it, verify it works (i.e. that it does generate a ready check when an officer of a raid), and post back. That's it!

Thanks

http://www.norder.net/LDB_ReadyCheck_0.1a.zip
Digren

Re: LDB_ReadyCheck

Postby _Chloe » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:16 pm

You should be able to disassemble this mod to help. Mikk's mods are great for learning things.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... uncer.html

Should help in determining if a Ready Check went off, his function for starting a Ready Check and it's a great mod anywho. (See his slash command for /rc for his function). Just make sure to give credit if you copy anything from his stuff.
_Chloe

Postby _Chloe » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:21 pm

At first glance everything looks good. I can't say for sure on the .xml because I quit writing mods with it since Tankadin2. Also if you do anymore mod creation, make a "Sandbox" character. Basically a level 1 or 55 DK (depends on if you need talents or not) and just turn everything off except for your mod. Then it should be isolated and not mess with any of your real character's UI's. Also post it on a UI hosting site such as WoWInterface or Curse so you can get into the Cata Beta for sure.

Cheers

~Chloe

PS - Grats on your first mod.
_Chloe

Postby Digren » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:16 pm

Thanks for the help. It's appreciated!

I renamed it to Broker_DigsReadyCheck and uploaded it to wowinterface.

http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... Check.html
Digren

Postby Donahu » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:52 pm

_Chloe wrote:Also post it on a UI hosting site such as WoWInterface or Curse so you can get into the Cata Beta for sure.

Wait. If I make a UI addon and post it there I'll get into Cata Beta?!

/asplain plox!
Donahu

Postby _Chloe » Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:36 am

Addon Authors have always gotten into WoW Betas through the fansites. I got into both the BC and Wrath Betas through WoWInterface. Once Blizzard allows 3rd party addons in the Cataclysm Beta, addon authors and send in their info and receive a beta key.
_Chloe

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros