Remove Advertisements

Name plates that scale with distance

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Name plates that scale with distance

Postby fafhrd » Sat May 08, 2010 2:33 pm

Thought I'd post about this, since it's pretty awesome (I had nothing to do with writing it): http://www.wowinterface.com/downloads/i ... lates.html

What it does it it scales your nameplates based on how far you are from the unit. Note that it's not a replacement to any other nameplate mod you might have (like tidy plates for instance) it just applies scaling after whatever those other mods or the default UI might want to show you for each name plate.

You can also specify min/max sizes, and extra base scaling, so if stuff looks too small when zoomed out in my screenshots below, you can tweak things to your liking.

It's a bit of performance hog, dropping my framerate by 5-10 fps in dalaran with nameplates turned on, so I'm not sure if I'll leave it on for my already choppy raids, but the fps hit is proportional to the number of mobs with plates showing, and it gets rid of the really annoying mass of identically sized plates you get on screen whenever there are a lot of mobs up, even when they're not near each other - with this you can really tell where a mob is positioned by its nameplate.

MAJOR CAVEAT: the region you click on the nameplate to target it can't be changed while in combat, so that'll still be base nameplate size. So this doesn't really make you more accurate at clicking - if you previously would have had to click a couple of times on overlapped plates to target a mob, you'll likely still need to do that.

ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Re: Name plates that scale with distance

Postby Invisusira » Sat May 08, 2010 4:39 pm

oh my god

the new nameplates are so fucking fail

this is going to be amazing
Invisusira

Re: Name plates that scale with distance

Postby unlimit » Sun May 09, 2010 1:56 am

THERE IS A SERIOUS LACK OF OPENRDX ON YOUR SCREEN FAFHRD.

>:O
OpenRDX Basic Guides: Forum Topic + Vimeo Channel
unlimit
Maintankadonor

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros