Ventrilo Mix 2.1 ?

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Ventrilo Mix 2.1 ?

Postby Aeilene » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:50 pm

Hey all,

Stupid question and maybe not the correct forum part to write and ask in!

But i hope someone can help me, i have a iMac and cant install ventrilo on it which is kind of basic for raiding!
So im looking for a laptop Pc travel book or something! Problem is that i cant find what the system req is on ventrilo! Anyone that could help me so i can buy a small laptop and use for vent only ?

Thanks in advance
Aeilene

Re: Ventrilo Mix 2.1 ?

Postby Solare » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:37 am

What website were you referred to find the Ventrilo download? It's been awhile, but I'm sure a google search will bring up the site I've always used, http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php They've been supporting Macs for years. I'm sure there's at least a few Mac users in your guild or on your friends list that use vent. It lacks some of the more cool features, like volume control, for those extra quiet people (or the extra LOUD ones) but, put away the Ebay, go download the program; and enjoy the sweet sounds of your raid members.
Solare

Postby Aeilene » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:21 am

Well i was away buying a Laptop on lunch :P so well now i got one!

But i tried all that i can to get the vent 3.x something running on my mac ! But it doesnt work i cant get in touch with no one in the guild! If this is possible sure i would like to get it running and return the laptop to the store!

I read all over google and all i find is that i need the ventrilo mix or 2,1 and this doesnt excist for Mac and thats why it wont work ?

Inputs are most welcome ofc!

Solare wrote:What website were you referred to find the Ventrilo download? It's been awhile, but I'm sure a google search will bring up the site I've always used, http://www.ventrilo.com/download.php They've been supporting Macs for years. I'm sure there's at least a few Mac users in your guild or on your friends list that use vent. It lacks some of the more cool features, like volume control, for those extra quiet people (or the extra LOUD ones) but, put away the Ebay, go download the program; and enjoy the sweet sounds of your raid members.
Aeilene

Postby Solare » Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:22 pm

http://www.ventrilo.com/dlprod.php?id=2 I'm assuming you're running Mac OS 10.x Click the "I agree" button at the bottom of the screen and profit.
Solare

Postby isiz » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:12 pm

Solare wrote:It lacks some of the more cool features, like volume control, for those extra quiet people (or the extra LOUD ones)

Right click > Misc. > Special Effects gives you volume control for specific people.
ImageImage
Tuesday maintenance is merely a setback!
isiz

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros