AVR - Augmented Virtual Reality

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Re: AVR - Augmented Virtual Reality

Postby Chicken » Tue May 11, 2010 2:44 am

There's actually one thing of note with the range indications used which may not be immediately obvious. Your first instinct is likely to make sure the circles drawn by AVR do not overlap at all when you're doing something like Sindragosa, but that actually causes you to spread out more than you need to. You can actually make the circles overlap somewhat, so long as they don't hit the actual player they're drawn around. For other encounters that's typically not something that matters though as you'll usually only see your own range circle with a marker drawn underneath everyone who is standing in it.

But it's something to keep in mind.
Chicken

Postby Talima » Fri May 14, 2010 3:03 pm

Treck wrote:It was also able to paint a blue circle on a person beeing persued on Lady DW, now this is not 100%, since its not always it will know if a person is beeing followed or not, so you cant go "ah well theres no blue cicles here i guess im fine" but if you do see it, you know that it wont be safe going close if that person would fail.

Actually the blue circles on LDW are only put on people who get hit by the spirits, as there's no way for the addon to tell who is being chased. So it's pretty much only useful for seeing who fails and staying away from them.
Talima 85 BE Prot/Ret Dalaran
Talima

Postby mavfin » Thu May 20, 2010 12:45 pm

Blizzard's breaking this one in 3.3.5. I can't say I'm surprised. I was fairly sure it went further than they intended.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 5002150557
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Shoju » Thu May 20, 2010 12:54 pm

I have to say, after seeing it outlined on MMO-C, I knew this mods days were numbered.

Bravo I say.
Shoju

Postby Daereg » Fri May 21, 2010 5:16 pm

Yeah no chance this addon could have lasted very long, raiding made too easy.
Although I would have liked to use it once in the past year of raiding.
Daereg

Postby Uprisen » Sun May 23, 2010 7:08 pm

mavfin wrote:Blizzard's breaking this one in 3.3.5. I can't say I'm surprised. I was fairly sure it went further than they intended.

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/threa ... 5002150557

i just saw this too.

i agree 100% with their decision. this addon, although i use it myself, makes encounters wayyyyy too easy.
Uprisen

Postby Kelaan » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:43 am

MMO-champion posted a video of a HUD mod which shows circles of other players which should basically do the same thing, though less intuitively. Blizzard appears to have said that it doesn't violate things because it doesn't paint in direct relation to the game world.
Kelaan

Postby Talima » Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:30 pm

Kelaan wrote:MMO-champion posted a video of a HUD mod which shows circles of other players which should basically do the same thing, though less intuitively. Blizzard appears to have said that it doesn't violate things because it doesn't paint in direct relation to the game world.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Blizzard not liking this addon. I don't think they've actually commented on whether they're okay with it. They may not be okay with the idea of visualizing even in this form:

Zarhym wrote:Just to be clear, there's a difference between a mod telling you what needs to happen versus showing you.

That said I'll certainly be using it till then.
Talima 85 BE Prot/Ret Dalaran
Talima

Postby Belloc » Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:40 pm

Talima wrote:
Kelaan wrote:MMO-champion posted a video of a HUD mod which shows circles of other players which should basically do the same thing, though less intuitively. Blizzard appears to have said that it doesn't violate things because it doesn't paint in direct relation to the game world.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of Blizzard not liking this addon. I don't think they've actually commented on whether they're okay with it. They may not be okay with the idea of visualizing even in this form:

Zarhym wrote:Just to be clear, there's a difference between a mod telling you what needs to happen versus showing you.

That said I'll certainly be using it till then.

Seeing it in action, there's no way they'll remove it. It's more of a distraction than anything else.
Belloc

Postby Dianora » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:31 am

Well, 3.3.5 is deployed. AVR & AVRE, we'll miss you for the almost cheating...
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Previous

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros