Tracking bites for Blood Queen

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Tracking bites for Blood Queen

Postby Shathus » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:18 pm

I found an add-on through a blog called BloodQueen that really helped a lot in our kill of BQL. Basically you define a bite order (or let it auto-generate a list by threat) and it will announce in raid (as well as whisper the person) who needs to bite who, and put icons on them. Maybe it's cheating, but with other things going on, it was a big help not having to call it out over vent and make sure everyone bit the correct member.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Re: Tracking bites for Blood Queen

Postby Fridmarr » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:45 pm

Shathus wrote:I found an add-on through a blog called BloodQueen that really helped a lot in our kill of BQL. Basically you define a bite order (or let it auto-generate a list by threat) and it will announce in raid (as well as whisper the person) who needs to bite who, and put icons on them. Maybe it's cheating, but with other things going on, it was a big help not having to call it out over vent and make sure everyone bit the correct member.

As far as I know it's not cheating and certainly blizzard would have known that some sort of addon like this would be created when they created the encounter.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Shathus » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:54 pm

Fridmarr wrote:
Shathus wrote:I found an add-on through a blog called BloodQueen that really helped a lot in our kill of BQL. Basically you define a bite order (or let it auto-generate a list by threat) and it will announce in raid (as well as whisper the person) who needs to bite who, and put icons on them. Maybe it's cheating, but with other things going on, it was a big help not having to call it out over vent and make sure everyone bit the correct member.

As far as I know it's not cheating and certainly blizzard would have known that some sort of addon like this would be created when they created the encounter.

I didn't mean cheating as in exploit, just cheating as in "zomg I'm being lazy". Kind of like that Void Reaver add-on in BC
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby hoho » Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:01 am

On 25-man our guild uses some similar addon and it definitely makes it a lot easier than having 8 people shouting on vent trying to figure out who to bite.

I'd suggest not generating it automatically as threat != dps. We generally have our hunters as #1 prio followed by spriests and then the rest. Hunters are first as they can do impressive damage, spriests next as they help healers a LOT there.
Leap of Faith:
Good news, everyone! We can now heal stupidity!
hoho

Postby Xfighter » Sat Mar 20, 2010 1:17 pm

We tried using it for awhile, but it didn't take into account people having to move for the bites, and we'd end up having people needing to run across the room in order to bite their target, and my guild just... isn't overly amazing at moving & thinking logically, so we scraped that and just do "1 bite in 4 groups, then bite within your group" method.

It'd be great if it was able to incorporate range from proposed targets, but I doubt that's even possible xD
Xfighter

Postby Fetzie » Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:14 pm

It'd be great if it was able to incorporate range from proposed targets, but I doubt that's even possible xD

The DXE boss mod produces arrows that display a distance and direction to run (e.g. who needs the poison cleansing at acidmaw/dreadscale) so I guess that kind of thing is possible.
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Shathus » Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:05 pm

Pyrea wrote:

The DXE boss mod produces arrows that display a distance and direction to run (e.g. who needs the poison cleansing at acidmaw/dreadscale) so I guess that kind of thing is possible.

The author said they want to do that, but there are no coordinates available in ICC (or in the blood queen room) so the arrows aren't possible at the moment or something like that.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:39 pm

Shathus wrote:
Pyrea wrote:

The author said they want to do that, but there are no coordinates available in ICC (or in the blood queen room) so the arrows aren't possible at the moment or something like that.

Just in BQL's room. Most of the rest of ICC (all of it?) works fine with the arrows.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Xfighter » Sun Mar 21, 2010 5:19 pm

Aye, I use DXE, and been trying to have others swap to it but they are for the most part stuck in the ways of DBM. Thus, thinking the group method is seemingly the best due to the lack of co-ords in her room XD.
Xfighter

Postby Fetzie » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:25 am

I had noticed that my framerate plummets if I have a range checker active at bloodqueen, now I know why :D
Fetzie | Protection Paladin | EU-Kazzak
Author of the TankSpot Protection Paladin Guide
Sagara wrote:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.

bldavis wrote:we are trying to extend it as long as we can...it just never seems to last very long
Fetzie

Postby Lydirn » Thu Mar 25, 2010 8:46 am

does the bloodqueen mod need to be installed by just the raid leader or does it need to be installed by the whole raid?
My guild should finally get Putricide tonight (it's a shame he hasn't died sooner, but Spring Breaks have cut into our attendence), and start work on Blood Queen, and if I can eliminate one of the major difficulties of the fight, I'd love to start with that and work up.
Lydirn

Postby Shathus » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:28 am

Lydirn wrote:does the bloodqueen mod need to be installed by just the raid leader or does it need to be installed by the whole raid?
My guild should finally get Putricide tonight (it's a shame he hasn't died sooner, but Spring Breaks have cut into our attendence), and start work on Blood Queen, and if I can eliminate one of the major difficulties of the fight, I'd love to start with that and work up.

Just the raid leader (or whomever you want to be in charge of it). You set up your bite order (or let it do the default one) and can have it do /rw announces, I believe it also whispers people "<playerx> is going to bite you in 5 seconds" or something like that. I haven't gotten bitten yet, so not sure heh.

Others have stated issues with 25 man, I've only done in 10 so I can't speak for everyone, but definitely helps out a lot for us.
Shathus
Maintankadonor

Postby Ajax » Sun May 16, 2010 10:05 pm

our guild been using the vamparrow mod, it works alongside the avr mod produces a list of who should bite who depending on dps values, then using the avr mod makes a arrow pointing to the person.

Not personly used the mod as always tanking so not had chance to yet as don't get bitten
If death comes to us all, then let it come to the DPS first ;)
Ajax

Postby Milius » Mon May 17, 2010 2:19 am

This addon is pretty awesome. Before we found it about a month ago I had lots of peices of paper on my desk for bite orders. Now it does it all for me.
Milius

Postby amh » Mon May 17, 2010 7:16 am

Another thumbs up for BloodQueen. Works great, and minimizes chatter on vent.
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros