I fail at power auras please help

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

I fail at power auras please help

Postby Dabrixmgp » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:34 am

For the last hour I have watched 6 tutorials on you tube and still cant figure out how to make anything work. I dont want anything fancy I just want big icons to flash on screen when judgements, hammer of the righteous, shield of the righteous, and Consecration all come off cooldown. I also wouldnt mind one showing that holy shield is still up and how many charges are left on it. I am about to delete the damn add on because even though it seems like its pretty useful im about to toss my PC out the window if I cant get it to work soon.
Dabrixmgp

Re: I fail at power auras please help

Postby Dabrixmgp » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:04 am

OK figured out how to make it show Holy shield but im stumped on the others.
Dabrixmgp

Postby honorshammer » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:42 am

Figure out PowerAuras because its a great tool, but I don't think it's best for what you are trying to do. Your rotation (HS, HotR, Judge, ShoR, Consecrate) is something you need to have ingrained in you. When fights get crazy, you need to be worrying about so much more than what do i hit next. I find OmniCC to be a good mod. It puts numerals on your hot keys so you can see what's cooling down, but honestly after you 96969 enough, you'll do it by feel and instinct.
honorshammer

Postby Dabrixmgp » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:16 pm

So what do people use it for then? I mean my Mik's can tell me the same stuff power auras does.
Dabrixmgp

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:22 pm

My paladin has auras for:
Divine Protection duration tracking
Forbearance duration tracking
Sacred Shield duration tracking
Holy Vengeance stack size
Whether or not Divine Plea is up

My Ele shaman shows:
If Water Shield is up
If Clearcasting is up
If Blood Fury/Ele Mastery/Thunderstorm is off CD

Enh Shaman shows the above + Feral Spirits/Shamanistic Rage duration/usable.

The idea is to keep things centralized and constant. I might miss "Divine Protection Usable!" from Parrot, but a big flashing icon in the middle of my screen is quite a bit more noticeable.
You can also use it for things like debuff stacks, or stuns, or whatever. Get creative!
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby Dabrixmgp » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:04 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:I might miss "Divine Protection Usable!" from Parrot, but a big flashing icon in the middle of my screen is quite a bit more noticeable.

This is one of the things I want it to show but I cant figure it out. I can make a big icon show when the buff is on me, which I dont want. I want the big icon to pop up once it comes off cooldown
Dabrixmgp

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:12 pm

This thread will help you:

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/ ... =viewtopic

In particular, the Power Aura's string you want for Divine Protection useable is this:

Code: Select all
gcd:bofalse; soundfile:st; owntex:bofalse; b:nu0.070588235294118; anim1:nu1; duration:nu0; mine:bofalse; optunitn:bofalse; multiids:st; opt2:nu0; speed:nu1; finish:nu3; anim2:nu0; size:nu0.20000000298023; torsion:nu1; r:nu1; stacksOperator:st=; realaura:nu1; y:nu-59; x:nu84; ignoremaj:botrue; symetrie:nu0; begin:nu10; off:bofalse; texmode:nu1; icon:stInterface\Icons\Spell_Holy_Restoration; textaura:bofalse; timerduration:nu0; target:bofalse; wowtex:botrue; groupany:bofalse; customsound:st; combat:nu1; inverse:bofalse; buffname:stDivine Protection; unitn:stOnly for raid/group.; bufftype:nu7; exact:bofalse; aurastextfont:nu1; stacks:nu0; threshold:nu50; focus:bofalse; isenchant:bofalse; raid:bofalse; isdebufftype:bofalse; texture:nu45; thresholdinvert:bofalse; sound:nu0; customtex:bofalse; g:nu0.41960784313725; party:bofalse; customname:st; alpha:nu1; aurastext:stlolol; timer:bofalse; isdebuff:bofalse; randomcolor:bofalse; ismounted:bofalse; targetfriend:bofalse; opt1:nu53; isinraid:bofalse; stance:nu10

Copy the code in (import), then change the graphic to whatever you'd lile. For me, it's an orange star.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:03 pm

I find power auras most useful for time tracking special occasion buffs and debuffs. I have a timer pop for when I have bubble wall up, or pain suppression.

I have debuff tracking auras set to flash warnings and a timer for, say, Surge of Darkness, Frozen Blows, Rune of Power, or Rune of Blood.

I find it's best for specific buffs/debuffs that your UI may not present in a reasonably clean method.

I don't think PowerAuras can even track cooldowns; it can do Holy Shield because HS is a buff, and it can monitor your seals, but you won't be able to track HotR or ShoR. MSBT might be enough, or you could consider using OmniCC or Forte Xorcist.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:21 pm

It can. You just have to toggle "action useable".
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:37 pm

Nikachelle wrote:It can. You just have to toggle "action useable".

Ah, my version (2.5.8b) doesn't have that as an option. ^_^; I've been leery of swapping it out after one upgrade stopped working, once upon a time.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros