Confused about the new Rawr

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Confused about the new Rawr

Postby bødeln » Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:43 pm

Hi guys!
Dunno if this is actually the place to post this, but I'll try it anyways.

Since about two versions of Rawr ago, I don't really follow how the avoidance + block works anymore.

I use Tankadin2 in-game, which states I am block capped, barely (at least I'm guessing that's what the "Hitable" is for).

This felt true as to previous versions of Rawr, where when I changed just one avoidance gem my avoidance + block would get below 100% (I know about the 102,4% but Rawr seems to call it 100% anyways). But when I do the same thing with the latest Rawr I can change a lot of both gems and gear before this happened.

Also used this macro:

/script dr=function(x)return 1/(1/16+0.9560/x)end;DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("Need 102.4 combat table coverage. Currently at: "..string.format("%.2f", GetDodgeChance()+GetBlockChance()+GetParryChance()+5+dr(GetCombatRating(CR_DEFENSE_SKILL)/122.962)))

which said about almost exactly 102,4%.

But what should I believe in? I'm searching to boost my stamina since PUGs on my server only looks at my HP when inviting me. But don't won't to be hittable either... or am I clinging to something that isn't relevant anymore?

Ty for answers. :)
bødeln

Re: Confused about the new Rawr

Postby gmf1 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:44 am

Depends what your raiding... I've never liked rawr, use the Tankadin spreadsheet in advanced training, i thinks its more reliable, as you can use your brain to tell you whats better for you without it telling you what it thinks.

And i think once your upto uld you can put block cap to lowest worry.
gmf1
Maintankadonor

Postby Lolpaladins » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:03 am

I'm guessing you're very close to the block cap...

Without buffs.

Add in all the buffs that you probably have turned on in rawr (kings, strength of earth, etc) and your avoidance probably goes up at least 4%. (plus add in debuffs that you may have turned on like 3% miss to the mob) and that would easily make up the differences.
Lolpaladins

Postby _Chloe » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:39 am

Lolpaladins wrote:I'm guessing you're very close to the block cap...

Without buffs.

Add in all the buffs that you probably have turned on in rawr (kings, strength of earth, etc) and your avoidance probably goes up at least 4%. (plus add in debuffs that you may have turned on like 3% miss to the mob) and that would easily make up the differences.

This.
_Chloe

Postby bødeln » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:56 pm

Thanks for the replies guys.

So, would you suggest I gem more for stamina then?

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... %C3%B8deln

And should I look for +stamina mainly on new gear?

Sorry for the noobness. Have been tanking for a while now, but things change so much all the time that I have a hard time tagging along.
bødeln

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros