Remove Advertisements

Satrina Buff Set up

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Satrina Buff Set up

Postby Ard » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:54 am

I downloaded SBF last night, and had a quick look at the config screen. I didn't really have time to delve in as our raid was just about to start (we downed Vezax10 hard mode and finally, finally killed Yogg.)

What I would like it to do:
-Auras, as icons-only top right hand corner of the screen.
-Classbuffs, (SW:F, Spirit, Intellect, MOTW, Blessings maybe also flasks/elixirs/foodbuffs) also as icons top right, with timers.
-Short buffs, (I'm thinking Thorns, Earth shield, TotT) as little bars near my personal unit frame.
-Selfbuffs (Divine plea, (my)sacred shield, trinket effects, bubbles, wings, berserker/libram procs and protection/speed potions) also as bars somewhere near my own unit frame.

Debuffs I'd like split between my own and other people's debuffs so I can see my own stack of Vengeance, my judgement and my vindication/JotJ on the target.

I think this is all possible with SBF? that's what I really want to know, look forward to figuring out how that's all going to work :) any tips welcome, of course.
Ard <Vision of Excellence> - The Venture Co. EU
Blogging at holysh---ock.blogspot.com
Wilfred Fizzlebang, Master Summoner!
Ard

Re: Satrina Buff Set up

Postby Epimer » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:53 am

All of that is possible, yeah. I could really be doing more with my SBF setup but I'll show you mine to illustrate.

The buffs in the top right and above and below the unit frames are all SBF. Top right: the top row is buffs which have a set duration; the second top row are auras (like you described); the third row is debuffs. I should probably filter the buffs in a more informative manner, looking at it objectively.

Anything you see as icons can be configured to display as bars, with/without icons, texts, timers. Below my player unit frame are buffs cast only by me. Above my UF are debuffs. On the target frame, my debuffs are the row above the unit frame, and all other debuffs on the target can be made visible by mousing over the area just above my own debuffs.

The filtering really is very powerful. The learning curve isn't that steep but the default configuration isn't that easy on the eye and takes a little fiddling. Once you get to grips with it you'll have no problems doing the things you listed.
Epimer

Postby seregul » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:40 pm

I have my SBF set up to show short timer CDs and short duration buffs almost exactly as you describe it Ard, I'll post a SS from tonight after the raid. Like Epimer said SBF is very flexible and you should be able to get the hang of it pretty quick.

Here we are: http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb206/MocktheEye/ScreenShot_101309_185314.jpg
Deviate by all means in name,
cuz we all crawl in quicksand the same.
seregul

Postby Lave » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:57 am

Ard wrote:I think this is all possible with SBF? that's what I really want to know

well then the answer is "yes"
/thread ^^

create 2 frames
    set frameA to blacklist
    set frameB to whitelist
    add "Thorns" to the bufffilter of frameA
    add "Thorns" to the bufffilter of frameB
^- this is what you'll have to do.. but with 4 frames (3x whiteliste, 1x blacklist) and a ton of buffs
(http://evilempireguild.org/SBF/setup.php <- most common questions regarding SBF setup)

dont mind me when SBF has better ways to seperate bufftypes, i havent bothered with wow let alone with SBF for a while ;)
Lave

Postby Ard » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:48 pm

Thanks for the replies all :) I've watched a couple of Tutorial videos on youtube and had a play around with the options and I think with some time spent I can make it work how I want.

I thought the little blue bars (that I see in screenshots a lot) would be the default display method, but it's actually mostly Icons.

anyways, I'll post a screenshot once I gte it working the way I like :)
Ard

Postby Ard » Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:10 am

Gone for quite a different set up now that I've gotten to know SBF a little. I've get 'My' buffs & all auras in the top right corner, larger than basic, as icons. Just below is everything but 'My' buffs & auras, a bit smaller. Then just underneath that, a bit more centrally placed, debuffs, also as Icons, quite large.

I still use NTK for things I want to track closely (Divine plea, holy shield, libram buff, procs). though with time I want to track those with SBF as well, to reduce the amount of addons. However that would require quite precise setup, of specific buffs most likely, and quite a lot of white- and blacklisting.

I've also strated using power auras, though not for my paladin. Using them on my rogue for combo points, shaman for totem-proximity and on my DK for tracking disease applications.
Ard

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros