Remove Advertisements

Pitbull 4 - a successor for DUF?

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

Pitbull 4 - a successor for DUF?

Postby Lave » Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:01 pm

ok first off: my english may be sufficient for little smalltalk, but things may sound odd :>

after using an quite austere ui style for over one year i was planning to put all the experience and photoshop skills i've gathered to the test(okok.. the self-adulation ends here g*) by creating an interface that doesnt resemble blizzards uistyle at all and uses unique high quality textures.
ive done the concepts.. ive collected addons that are adjustable enough to accomplish what i imagine - but im still not there. one thing that really stalled me was a unitframe addon, discord unit frame was kinda what im looking for (hence the topic) but its long dead and not lightweighted at all.

pitpull4 now with its enhanced configs and the way it handles vertical aligned unitframes may do the job from what i read about it. but what i dont know (and since my account is inactive i cant play around with it) is..
is pitbull4 able to display custom shaped forms (like an orb, crescent etc) just like DUF was?
Lave

Re: Pitbull 4 - a successor for DUF?

Postby _Chloe » Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:50 pm

Don't know the answer to that one and no your language use is great as always Lave. I suppose you could always code your own, but it does depend on what you have in mind. I still miss most of the Discord Mods, I try to shoot for that sometimes only to realize that Loz (Discord's Author) was a genius and a nutcase at the same time.

Back on topic, I might have an account you can play with that isn't on an authenticator. I'll send you a PM if I can find the login info again.
_Chloe

Re: Pitbull 4 - a successor for DUF?

Postby Airanna » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:11 am

If you aren't afraid of LUA hacking, then oUF is the closest thing to DUF in terms of custom forms. Check out the oUF_Aion or oUF_D3Orbs setups on Wowinterface for some examples.
Airanna

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros