SCT, SCTD Replacements

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

SCT, SCTD Replacements

Postby Punkss2 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:56 pm

So I recently found that my SCT, SCTD can cause massive lag for me. If I set it to the horrible looking resource saving mode it looks like crap.

Anyone know of suitable replacements for this addon for me?

I know there are a few out there, but I am unsure if they are resource hogs as well. Is the blizzard SCT worth using? I cant remember the last time I even turned that on :P

Here are a few that I know of: Parrot, MSCT

Any information will be appreaciated.

Thanks,

Punk
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Re: SCT, SCTD Replacements

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Oct 09, 2009 4:22 pm

I used the built in Blizzard version for a long time. It's definitely sufficient, but obviously, you can't customize nearly as much as an addon. If resources are a concern, I'd use that and see if you can get it to meet your needs before looking elsewhere. I currently use MSCT, but I can't speak as to whether or not it is efficient or a memory pig. My computer has ample resources, so I just don't notice that type of thing unless it's really bad.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Punkss2 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 8:20 pm

It only happens when there are many adds, IE on Ony when all the whelps come out and in Freya's room with all the trash packs and the 2 trash packs before XT. I've got 2 gigs of DDR3 ram and my machine should be able to handle it, but apparently it can't so I will try to give the blizzard one a try first and see how it goes. Thank you for the input! :)

Edit> bad grammar is bad
Thinking of starting WOW again....
Punkss2

Postby Gamingdevil » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:59 am

MSBT is pretty good. Rather than floating numbers over everyone's head it just has 3 output windows where it keeps everything (standard: gains, incoming, outgoing) if multiple targets are hit by the same attack (consecration for instance) they're all gathered in one entry, so it should be easier on your memory as well.
If it is weak, kill it before it gets stronger. If it is strong, weaken it.
Gamingdevil

Postby guillex » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:25 am

Gamingdevil wrote:MSBT is pretty good. Rather than floating numbers over everyone's head it just has 3 output windows where it keeps everything (standard: gains, incoming, outgoing) if multiple targets are hit by the same attack (consecration for instance) they're all gathered in one entry, so it should be easier on your memory as well.

The standard install actually has 4 windows. Incoming, Outgoing, Static, and Messages.

You can change the behaviour, as well as the placement, of each window (ie: incoming on left, outgoing on right, etc).

I've made tiny changes to mine. One is the addition of a gains window, where I can see all heals and mana returns. It's seperated from the center of my screen, off to the right of my toon.

You can throttle things that you see, making it so that you'll only see heals that are over a certain amount.

It's a very handy, and very customizable tool. With the use of triggers and events, you can pretty much have a warning for just about anything you can think of.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Lave » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:17 pm

im using parrot. its one of those addons that takes hours to setup - but you'll have exactly what you want when its done
Lave

Postby Levantine » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:25 pm

Parrot does indeed take forever, but omg nothing looks as good.
Levantine

Postby Rinuk » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:43 am

I agree with Lave and Lev. If you have the time to set it the way you want Parrot is absolutely beautiful.

Rinuk
Rinuk

Postby fafhrd » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:45 am

Same, switched to parrot about a year (maybe more?) back, and while it took the better part of a week to get all the little things just right (those events shouldn't show up in that window, hm i don't want resists displayed here, oo volley ticks should be added up together, eh, i don't need names for those abilities just an icon will do, that's a bit too far to the left and not curved enough, those need to move faster etc etc), i haven't needed to change anything since then. Which is good, since I think the config ui on the version of parrot i'm using has been broken for a year anyway.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Dianora » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:01 am

guillex wrote:
Gamingdevil wrote:MSBT is pretty good. Rather than floating numbers over everyone's head it just has 3 output windows where it keeps everything (standard: gains, incoming, outgoing) if multiple targets are hit by the same attack (consecration for instance) they're all gathered in one entry, so it should be easier on your memory as well.

The standard install actually has 4 windows. Incoming, Outgoing, Static, and Messages.

You can change the behaviour, as well as the placement, of each window (ie: incoming on left, outgoing on right, etc).

I've made tiny changes to mine. One is the addition of a gains window, where I can see all heals and mana returns. It's seperated from the center of my screen, off to the right of my toon.

You can throttle things that you see, making it so that you'll only see heals that are over a certain amount.

It's a very handy, and very customizable tool. With the use of triggers and events, you can pretty much have a warning for just about anything you can think of.

Here's what it looks like in practice in raid setting:
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros