*Ding* Someone's getting their butt kicked!

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

*Ding* Someone's getting their butt kicked!

Postby furien » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:13 pm

Hey - I'm looking for an addon that would hopefully be an extension to Grid or Pitbull, or MSBT (which I already use), that could play an audible sound (DING!) when someone in the party / raid group has aggro. I've already tried GridAlert - which would be nice if it weren't abandoned.

I'm willing to use something like a "Low-hp" monitor (maybe set around 50 to 60% health) warning if it cannot really detect "aggro" (beggar's / choosers - right?). Or, if there's a better way out there that those more clever then myself have found, I'd love to hear that as well :)

Thanks!
furien

Re: *Ding* Someone's getting their butt kicked!

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:37 pm

furien wrote:H
I'm willing to use something like a "Low-hp" monitor (maybe set around 50 to 60% health) warning if it cannot really detect "aggro" (beggar's / choosers - right?).

I can't help you with what you're looking for I'm afraid... but goddamn that would be annoying on Anub'arak. Ding x 9 or x 24.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Ard » Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:00 am

I use grid for this, I have the border & Center text 2 set to monitor aggro. Works really well combined with mouseover taunt macro :) I noticed MSBT (I think it's msbt) does play a sound when when you grab aggro.
Ard <Vision of Excellence> - The Venture Co. EU
Blogging at holysh---ock.blogspot.com
Wilfred Fizzlebang, Master Summoner!
Ard

Postby furien » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:59 am

Yeah - I have a similar set-up using the grid borders. I guess, I was hoping there was something that would additionally give me something more invasive like a sound or raid warning. For whatever reason, I my eyes just don't easily pick up on the grid borders very quickly.
furien

Postby fuzzygeek » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:35 pm

I personally am a huge fan of MT Love
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... ove-2.aspx

No audible alerts, but it'll put the mouseover's target in a tooltip. I find it more useful and intuitive than grid, and I prefer not having to look away from the center of the action to check grid.

Back in Hyjal the warlocks all thought I had clairvoyance thanks to this mod :]
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby furien » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:16 am

Just as an update to this, I've decided to try the additional grid plug-in, "GridAlert," release = r51. The project is defunct, though the leader, Jerry, is chiefly working on Grid2 and Talented, which are both very active.

GridAlert allows Grid to create a audible event when either:
1) the player gains or looses a "grid status" (which can be low health, low mana, afk, debuff, etc.)
2) any player (unit) gains or loses a "grid status."

In the case of the maintank (i.e., me), I am really trying to get when a player *other than me* gains the status of "aggro." This functionality doesn't look to have been completed (by looking at the .lua code). But, I have decided to use the "any player" functionality and just ignore my own aggro alerts.

Not sure if this will help others in a similar situation, but I thought I'd bring it up. :)
furien

Postby Spectrum » Thu Oct 01, 2009 10:57 am

I try to put my grid closer to the center of my screen. Makes it easier to keep track of what's going on with the group while I'm tanking.

Here's an old SS from when we were starting Ulduar right after 3.1 and grid was bugged so that it thought everyone still had aggro. You can see the red borders are pretty damn visible.

Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby theckhd » Fri Nov 06, 2009 7:51 am

fuzzygeek wrote:I personally am a huge fan of MT Love
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... ove-2.aspx

No audible alerts, but it'll put the mouseover's target in a tooltip. I find it more useful and intuitive than grid, and I prefer not having to look away from the center of the action to check grid.

Back in Hyjal the warlocks all thought I had clairvoyance thanks to this mod :]

Does anyone know of a tooltip mod similar to this one, but that simply appends the target to the default tooltip? I've used TinyTip for a long time, which does this and a few other things, but it's not being updated any more and I'd prefer to switch to a mod that's under stable development.

Unfortunately, I haven't found one that does what I want. TipTac moves the tooltip, and several other mods add informational stuff, but I haven't seen one that includes the "Target of Mouseover" as an option.
"Theck, Bringer of Numbers and Pounding Headaches," courtesy of Grehn|Skipjack.
MATLAB 5.x, Simcraft 6.x, Call to Arms 6.0, Talent Spec & Glyph Guide 5.x, Blog: Sacred Duty
theckhd

Postby maaya » Sat Nov 07, 2009 4:31 am

I'm using TipTac and it shows target of mouseover like this:

"SomeRandomPlayer: [Auctioneer Hilton]"
"Scary Mob: [YOU]"

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... p-tac.aspx

In parties and raids, it even shows who (from your raid) is targeting your mouseover target.
This account has gone dormant.
maaya

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros