Remove Advertisements

What's causing this?

All things /script related

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, _Chloe

What's causing this?

Postby amh » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:18 pm

Basically I get that little window with alternative gear when I mouse-over equipped items. The window changes as I move my mouse over different slots, but it never actually goes away. As long as it's active, I'm severely limited in which abilities I can use. I can use Heart Strike and Plague Strike, for example, but not Icy Touch, taunt, Death Strike.. Pretty much anything else.

Respeccing does not help, reloading ui does not help, logging out / in does not help. Disabling all addons does not help. Disabled the equipment manager as well, no effect. Exiting the game completely helped this time, but not the last time. Last time was on my paladin a few days ago, preparing to do Molten Core. Hadn't even attacked anything yet when the damn window appeared. After that, all I could do was Divine Storm. Nothing else worked. Did the steps mentioned above, including restarting the game, but it didn't help much. Gave up and played another character for a bit, logged back on my paladin, everything in order.

Just to clarify: When I try to attack enemies, I get the error "Invalid target".

You can see that Closetgnome is active in the screenshot, but I don't think I had it active on my paladin when it happened. Anyone seen this before?

I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Re: What's causing this?

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:29 pm

Are you holding down the "alt" key? Is the alt key broken or stuck in some way? And do you have "alt" set as a Self Cast key in the Interface options? What kind of keyboard and mouse do you use?
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby fafhrd » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:10 pm

definitely seems your alt key is stuck.

those little windows are shown when you hold down alt over a gear slot, and clicking any of the items in the list will equip it in that slot - maybe you can bind some other key to this function too, which may also be your problem.

if your alt button is stuck, you'd always get those windows on your character sheet, and spells bound to buttons whose hotkey is the same as some other button + alt wouldn't work, and you may also keep trying to cast spells on yourself if you have alt-self-casting enabled.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby amh » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:24 pm

Grehn|Skipjack wrote:What kind of keyboard and mouse do you use?

Logitech G15 and MX300.

As far as I know my alt-button isn't broken and/or stuck, but it would sure explain my problems. I've set auto self cast to 'none', hopefully shouldn't be pestering me any more. Thanks!
I used to play a paladin.
amh
Maintankadonor

Return to Add-ons, UI, and Macros